Tuesday, September 20, 2011

1st Grade ~The Cutting Cafe~

1st Grade

Hello! Hello! We've made it to our mid-week which means I am only 2 days away from a weekend away! What?!? Not only away but a wedding and up in California's famous Napa valley for a wine vineyard wedding! Nice! My younger sister's best friend is the bride and as a wedding gift I've offered to do the bride's maids makeup for the event. For those of you that don't know but I've mentioned before, I used to do makeup before having kids. Sometimes I think about doing freelance but scheduling is difficult and what's even more difficult are brides. LOL! I'm a lil' too low key for that big day! Ha! I'll share some photos next week of my weekend away (thanks to Daddy for staying home with the 3 babes all weekend!)

Today I'd like to share my project for The Cutting Cafe. Regina has the BEST assortment of Bingo cards! Bingo cards for all occasions! Its the best and since they are hot hot hot, its a great way to be able to reuse and print them as many times as you want! I used the Fall Time Bingo set, there is a ton of stuff in this file! Check that out here

My paper is by My Mind's Eye and was a stack I got at Hobby Lobby while visiting last Spring in Las Vegas. Really great stack, lots of glitter, even for boys! =)

I did some photo editing with this first day of school photo of Scotti...converted the photo to black and white and then removed that to show the color in just him. 


This photo shows some goody layering. I cut and used the Bingo cards as a deck. The 3D stickers are Bo Bunny Learning Curve and the stars were fussy cut from the pattern paper.


More stickers, letter stickers and fussy cutting. I used a chalk white pen and followed the curve of this die cut piece and really like that subtle detail (will do that again for sure!).


Thanks for coming by and hope that you'll take some time to check out what the other gals did with the Bingo cards...and check out what the shop has to offer! There's a ton to see! =)

11 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

you are so talented and clever, I love the way you used the Bingo cards like a deck super cute layout.. I know you will have a wonderful get away in Napa. What an awesome hubby you have for staying home with the precious ones for you to get away, sometimes we just need to get away.. hugs

Regina Easter said...

wow Makeup artist...I have never ever had my face made up...wooohooo....yes Napa is one of our favorite places to get away to...and i bet the weather will be awesome....Your layout is simply fabuous...your fabulous...hugs

Enfys said...

Fabulous, just fabulous, you make me want to dive into the pile of photos I have and start creating.....
hugs
En xx

Sandi Cl~ said...

Awesome project! Cute pix .. woohoo! Have fun on your little outta towner ..

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

love how you used the bingo cards in your scrapbook page!

Esther said...

Wonderful LO!

Janie said...

OH WOW AWESOME LAYOUT !!!! I so need to get some scrapbooking done ! TFS ~!
HUGS,JANIE

Crayola58 said...

What an awesome layout, Leah...Have fun on your trip.
Hugs
Carole

Sabrina said...

I love how you did this layout, so creative and I love all the layering! The bingo cards are so stinkin' cute! Have a wonderful weekend in Napa County, I'm only one county away from you over in Sonoma. That is so cool that you were a Make-up Artist. I know the ladies will love getting all dolled up by you! I have an award on my blog for you! xx

Lori1brat said...

WONDERFUL layout ! I love all the layering and fussy cutting you did. Fantastic job - hope your get-away is SPECTACULAR !!!!

DeeDee said...

WOW! This is fabulous! I love all the layering and your son is such the cutie too! GREATNESS! HUGS! :)