Sunday, September 11, 2011

Babe and Bob


Babe and Bob

Hi guys! I got to do this layout for fun this weekend. That and I fact that I've been in the house an entire week without going anywhere (well, not including the millions of times to school).  Anywho, I had wanted to do this for awhile because of the story behind the title. I had some wonderful photos of Scotti and Jordyn from Yosemite and so started my page...

*EDIT* How silly am I... not to even share the story behind the page. Babe and Bob. My littlest Cody doesn't really talk too much (he's 2) and so he calls his big bro Scotti- Ba Ba (bro bro) but for short he'll call him Bob...its totally hilarious hearing him called out "Bob! Bob!" and then sister, Jordyn he called Baby (sounds more like Bebe) and for short, calls her Babe! Its the cutest thing and for SURE will be something our entire family will remember forever! 

I also had really wanted to join some challenges so I was able to include some as well...

The Tinkerbell and canoe idea came from...can you guess? =o)
And the colors for the page? From the same inspiration! Which was also great and went so well with the card inspiration for CASE Study that I wanted to share it there as well. 


Tink was cut in white and only her hair done in a layer. I watercolored her using Distress Inks. Pressing the color onto a mat and an H2O paint pen. I gave her a 3D flower for her hair and added Picket Fence Distress Stickles to her wings.


Letters are from Lyrical Letters cart (my only wish is that that cart would have done shadows for all the fonts, but still, a really cool cart if you haven't looked into it before...) Little Red Wagon wanted die cuts so I used my sweet friend, my Cricut for the title, Tink and canoe!

And some other computer generated journaling.


This part is layered with striped paper. Extra layers of very thin cut papers to match and layers of twine. Pile It On had a "layer it" challenge, which also gave me the idea for the vellum!
And flowers! Pearls...here comes in the challenge for The Paper Variety (favorite embellishments!)


Last challenge...Do You Stack Up? Texture. Well in person this really does have a lot of texture. The smoothness of the vellum, the chunky glitter, the twine, buttons, the layered paper...all of that adds depth and texture and makes you want to touch the page. Texture can change a project into something amazing...great challenge! =)

And that does it! Thanks ahead of time to the DT's for coming by and visiting me...I know how much time that takes everyone and the love is much appreciated! We've got a kind community here! =)

~Leah

Pile It On~ layer it
Little Red Wagon ~die cuts
The Paper Variety~ favorite embellies
Do You Stack Up?  ~ texture
CASE Study ~ card inspiration

11 comments:

Shona said...

I envy anyone that can journal!!!!! Beautiful work and love the colors :)

princesskitten said...

Beautiful layout

kitten DYSU team

Crayola58 said...

Fantastic.... Great story. Wonderful LO.
Carole

Nicole said...

Such a cute and adorable layout! I love pearls too :) Thank you for celebrating with us this week at The Paper Variety!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Hey, missy! Glad you got to do a page for fun! I did also this weekend but haven't posted it yet.. Would love to hear more of this Babe and Bob saga .. you'll have to email the deets! Great job on Tink .. wonder where you got THAT idea LOL!

Joanne said...

Well done! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon :)
Joanne xo

Margie said...

Babe & Bob...LOVE IT!!! What a hoot! Great layout, girl. Love the silly faces. I need to do some layouts. Twist my arm. LOL!

Sandi said...

Love all the little details on this layout....beautifully done. Thanks for joining us this week at The Paper Variety.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

What a lovely LO!!

Tenny Kusuma said...

Super cute and adorable layout. Love this !! Thank you for playing along with DYSU challenge. Tenny.

Ren-Yi said...

What a cute story. I love the LO - fun lil embellishments...! Thanks for joining us at DYSU.