Saturday, September 3, 2011

Biker Boy ~The Cutting Cafe~


Biker Boy

Welcome friends! Today I am so very excited to be posting my very first project for The Cutting Cafe
This week we had a kind of "anything goes" or really, our favorites from the shop. We do so much biking in our family and start them young, I knew I wanted to play with the Lets Go For A Ride set. Too cute! (yes I am aware he isn't riding a bike in these photos but hey..I used what I could find! LOL!)

I opened these files in Photoshop Elements 9 and moved some of the bike images around and printed using them as a printed paper. I also fussy cut another bike to use as an embellishment. And a few pieces (Hello my name is, 12345 and Remember This) are from Jot it Down- great journaling pieces!


No matter what, I could not get the glitter pen to show up in the photo. But the bike was outlined with a glitter pen and it added a nice accent to my pencil colored image. You can also see some of the layering here as well.

And I did a bit of stamping on the page as well, to fill in some of the space and add some more color.


A simple page and a 8 1/2 by 11 at that! This is going into Cody's baby book! =)

16 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Hey hon! First I gotta say HAPPY BIRTHDAY! We'll be having to get together soon to celebrate! And WooHoo! Great layout using Regina's stamps. LOVE the way you did the background paper. Congrats on the DT gig. Regina is a doll to work for. Have a great weekend Sweetie, and enjoy your special day! xxD

Sandi Cl~ said...

Thought I'd make a quick trip and say congrats on your inaugural post for Cutting Cafe. Great job on this one! Can't wait to see more. Hope you have a fab birthday! Talk to you when I get back!

Margie said...

Hi Leah! I've been slacking off again but here I am, finally. I just love the great dp you've created with the stamps. Makes me wonder why I even bother to keep buying more paper. Love how you put Cody's pictures inside of those name tags....very cute! Didn't realize it's your birthday, so...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hope your day was extra special!

Maureen Reiss said...

Super cute LO!! Happy Birthday!!

Audrey Frelx said...

Congrats on your first project for the Cutting Cafe!!! And what a great layout it is!!! Love the little bicycle!!!

Didn't realize it was your birthday, so I'm glad to be here, at least in the vicinity of your day, so HAPPY BIRTDAY!!!

Camille said...

HI Leah, Just checking in on some people I miss and found this cute LO on your blog. Congrats on your first Cutting Cafe post. I love it. Hope you are all well and happy. Your little Cody is growing up so fast. He's cute as can be.

Debbie said...

Congrats on your first project as for the Cutting Cafe! Super cute layout! I can't believe how grown up Cody is!

Regina Easter said...

Hey Leah girlie...what a fantastic layout you did... I LOVE IT...your so talented...welcome to the team again...hugs

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

Leah,
Hey my sweet friend..How r u..Email me sometime so we can catch up..Your kiddos r getting so big...So r mine..Boo Hoo! My baby started Kindergarten and my Belle is in 4th grade..My goodness..I love your layout...I am so happy u r on the team..Big Giant Hugs, Krista

Laura Davis said...

What an adorable page!
hugs
Laura

Lori1brat said...

Leah, I just L O V E your bicycle layout ! That background paper you used is PERFECT ! How clever of you ! Great job ! Hugs - Lori

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

great scrapbook page!!

Jeri said...

Wow, I absolutely love the way you've used Regina's Cutting Cafe sets on this scrap page. The background is fantastic and I love the elements you added from Jot It Down. Welcome to the team. You're going to absolutely love working with Cutting Cafe images.

Janie said...

Hi Leah, I would like to say your scrapbook layout is too cool ! I love that you used the stamp to make your own background paper ! I turned out fabulous !! I am seriously thinking of converting my 12x12 over to 8 1/2x 11 ! It would be so much easier and I could do like you and print my own papers ! Thank for sharing your wonderful idea ! Welcome to the Team !
HUGS,JANIE

Brenda said...

Oh my gosh, this is just darling! I am really looking forward to being on this fabulous team with you. Looks like I can learn a lot from your ideas!! Love your layouts!
Hugs~Bren

Crayola58 said...

Wow, I loved your layout..... And Happy Birthday.... So glad we are on the Cutting Cafe team together....
Carole