Friday, September 30, 2011

Dirt Girl ~SOUS September 30~


Dirt Girl

Friday! Yay! One more day of laps walking or riding to school and I get a couple days off! LOL! 

I am excited to share this project today as it's a fun one! =)  The sketch challenge is for Stuck on U Sketches and is by Liz Qualman. We've used her sketches very often in the past but haven't for awhile now that we often share original sketches, glad to see one today! You can check that out at SOUS.

Here is my take...


These super awesome flowers come from Just Because Cards. I don't see too much done with that cartridge but I really love that one! The bee and hive from Pooh and Friends and the title Girl from Storybook. All the die cut elements are popped on the page and I love how alive it makes it all feel!

Honestly I used so much on here that it would take me all day to name everything. I do know that I used only Tim Holtz embossing folders for the flowers. Flocked the bee's wings, stamped here and there...buttons, twine...


I caught my VERY dirty girl in the backyard rubbing these mats on herself (they are supposed to be under the playhouse in the back). It was literally black and I just couldn't believe it...the next moment she's in the toddler water table washing herself off! LOL!


I did a good amount of inking on all the cuts, greens and oranges. I got this idea to add this wormy from Pooh and Friends and then almost squealed when I had the idea to take a tiny flower hole punch and have some munched leaves! =)


I'm seriously not even gonna worry about paper....there's more on here then I can count and I don't know that I could list it all even if I tried! =)

Thanks sooo much for coming by! You've just G O T to see what the other gals did...all WAY different pages this week and so fun to see! Have a super weekend super crafters!!! LOL!!!

9 comments:

Margie said...

LOL!!! Love the title! Great summer fun layout, Leah!

Victoria said...

gorgeous layout x

Sandi Cl~ said...

Cute, cute! I must say those photos are adorable and so funny .. love it! I have owned Just becasue for almost 18 months and have not used it one time! I seriously am buying no more cartridges!

Shona said...

she is sooo adorable and this is gorgeous :) fun layout :)

annette said...

Leah ... what super funny pics ... I think the caterpillar eating the leaf is the best ... so much to look at ... terrific .. luvnhugz X:)

Bonnie aka Cinnabon said...

What a super cute layout, Leah! Your daughter is so precious! Love all the little bugs!

Scossie Jane said...

Leah, the worm is tooooooo cute, and I love the munched leaves effect. The wee bees are cute too. Love the story behind the photo's - kids!! I remember the days LOL. Love the layout.... Hugs x

Stine Ursin said...

Cute cute pictures!! Love the little caterpillar, and the flowers are really cute.

Fern said...

Super cute layout, Leah!!! Love the paper and embellies, and the photos are too funny!!! Have a great week!!! Hugs!!!