Friday, September 16, 2011

Disney Dreamer ~SOUS September 16~


Disney Dreamer


Hello folks! Hope everyone is well! We've had some sicko's in the house this week..seems like the year just started for this to happen so early. Argh! But its nothing too bad. Ok so enough of that. Tomorrow I get to go to a Craft and Hobby show that also is hosting an all day crop..and I get to go thanks for my girlfriend Noey! Thanks girl! You have no idea how crazy I am going to be, I don't even get a couple hours a month to myself so an all day event is certainly a treat! 

And onto my friday post for Stuck on U Sketches...Sandi chose a project from The Flying Unicorn and they also are hosting our blog candy for the month. Pretty fitting! You can see that over at SOUS and also remember, the more you play in our challenges this month, the more chances to win! Yeah!

So I don't know about how you scrap but usual I find a photo that works with the sketch, see if any ideas come to mind for it, if not, I keep going through photos. But either way, I always start with a picture. I had played with this photo in Photoshop and then came across it the other day and put it out. As soon as I saw the sketch I knew I could substitute a shape for the large Mickey and off I went...


Not that I could do it again (LOL) but I was able to play and edit out all the color from the photo except for Scotti and the apple. So cool. Those colors lead me to these. The prints are a serious mix from my stash. The Mickey text is Echo Park. The red is Bazzill and I believe the rest is DCWV. I embossed the white core black paper and then sanded until the white shone through.


I did a good amount of doodling on this page and you can see a little bit of that here...and the ribbon border as well.

I did some layering here and also stamping on the blue pieces (dream and the dog bone). You can also see the fun, funky doodling here as well. I took the time to multi mat the photo as well and have it really pop against the frame. Lots of layering or papers for this whole page.


I had a great, great time putting this page together. I actually did this page is segments. All the layering once and then all the details later. The later being after my Gypsy broke. Argh. But thanks to Provo its was replaced! Yay!

See you soon...but not til you've visited the rest of me ladies at SOUS! Hehehe!

13 comments:

Starting To Scrap said...

Adorable layout Leah. Love your editing of the photo and Mickey look so cute hanging out on your page xox

Ohhh Snap said...

Great layout!!

The Cropping Canuck said...

Super cute!

Margie said...

LOVE THIS! Wow, Leah, this is so flippin' cool! Love the papers, the doodling' and definitely the photo editing! I have an olllllllddddd layout of Bella, eating an apple, that I did the same thing with. Except I think I have 4 photos each in different shades and the apple is black and white. I'll have to dig it out and share

Kristy said...

SUPER cute layout and design details! Hope you and your fam are doing great!
craftin-on-my-door.blogspot.com

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Leah... you are so creative and talented. I am so happy you get to go to a all day crop... (just a little jealous...) You definitely deserve it... Hope you have a FABULOUS time...AND i love the layout... hugs

Bonnie aka Cinnabon said...

oh wow! I love the editing you did on that photo! You did an awesome job with the sketch and I love that big Mickey!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Awesome job, sweet thing! Love your big Mickey ears. I loved all the layers on this sketch .. the more paper the betterin my book. Have fun cropping!

Shona said...

this is just soooooo adorable, love the mickey theme :) beautiful

annette said...

absolutely adorable Leah, love your Mickey silhouette & doodling.... have a super time at your crop day .. love X:)

Scossie Jane said...

Great layout Leah, Mickey is so cool. Nice work with the photo editing, I still don't know how to do that, must learn.
The doodling really adds to the page and all that layering is certainly worth it.... Hugs x

Tammy E. said...

This is just too cute!! I love how you used the sketch to your advantage with those Mickey ears. I am pinning this on Pinterest so I can see it again!

Claire said...

A beautiful LO Leah, I'm not much of a scrapper, more into cards but one day when I have more time I will put my huge paper stash to good use.
Thanks for the comment on my blog.
Claire xxx