Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Happy Fall ~The Cutting Cafe~


Happy Fall

Good morning everybody! I don't know about you all, well I could go ahead and guess y'all feel the way that I do...its the end of September? What! Does that mean the holidays are here? (I certainly hope so cause I have already been sneaking Halloween stuff out around my house! LOL) 

I am sharing today a post for The Cutting Cafe. Today set Welcome Fall has so much to offer...sentiments, imagery. Its really a great go-to for Fall! I put together a few of the sentiments from the set using my photo editing software and printed on Kraft card stock. Then I cut a few of the other images  separately. I got this pretty little plant from my sister Kerri for my birthday and I wanted to dress it up a bit. 


I fussy cut and popped the pumpkin and acorn's and watercolored them using Distress Inks. I love that soft effect and you'll see me do that A LOT with The Cutting Cafe images.


I did a bit of inking of the edges and just a bit of doodling with a gold metallic pen. This really was a simple way to really dress up a rather plane plant...it must be cute because everyone that's come into my house has mentioned it, not the plant...but the tag! =) LOL!


Don't forget to visit the rest of the ladies as well....lots of Fall inspiration I am sure! Take care!

9 comments:

Shona said...

this is just so creative...love it!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Just adorable, Leah. I think I need one for my house .. got an extra? LOL

Regina Easter said...

hey girlie....on my this is a wonderful project...and I am so loving the watercolor look...I used to use my watercolors a lot before copics came along...but i must say it was very relaxing water coloring .....I may have to bring those back out and play a bit...hugs

Nanne said...

Super cute project Leah... I too luv the soft tones, might have to start investing in some water colors..
hugs
Nanné

Janie said...

Leah this turned out so pretty ! What a great idea,to make a flower pot cover !! You could change your flowers and cover out for the different holidays ! Love this ! TFS !
HUGS,JANIE

jessica said...

Leah~ This is just beautiful! Love the fall colors and love the watercolor look!
TFS
jessica
chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

WOW!!! This is so creative!

Sabrina said...

This is lovely Leah! It's a great idea too, for at home and/or as a gift. You could make them for the different seasons too, TFS!

DeeDee said...

Oh my WOW! This is so fabulous! I love that you used water colors! It's BEAUTIFUL! HUGS! :)