Friday, September 23, 2011

New School ~SOUS September 23 Heart Die Cut Challenge~


New School

I love love the new Die Cut Challenges at Stuck on U Sketches! I am such a happy girl that we added these challenges not only because I've enjoyed them but I am using my machines AND we have such an incredible DT as well! Love that, love those girls! You can find them here

Oh...the challenge?....HEART! Let's see that very loved shaped in all kinds of ways...show us whatcha got! LOL!

This project was designed and cut for the first time (for me) as one of the Beta testers for the Cricut Craft Room (CCR). I am pretty happy so far with that software and for Imagine owners its going to be a must! 

The heart was designed as a shaped card. Printed and cut with the Imagine as well as the apples (from who knows what cart cause I never remember). But guess what happened...my %#$W^ paper moved so I had to hand cut allllllll those apples. Good grief! =) The end result...very worth it! Layered some of the apples and popped just a couple. 


The banner was hand cut, the lines are from a Papertrey Ink stamp set as well as the A+ and star, New School is hand written. I added the triple bow, chipboard star and button as a final touch. This card is a standard size and really is so cute in person.


I made this as a greeting card for my son's 1st grade teacher. We're new to the older grades so she is a first for us and I wanted to tell her that I look forward to the year and to getting to know her. I'll be volunteering in the class each week so I hope to get the chance to definitely learn more! 

See you all sunday with another post...and make sure to check out the "heart" that my other friends are showing at SOUS today! See you soon.....

16 comments:

Shona said...

I love this card and all the layers inside the heart.....beautiful :)

Kristy said...

Adorable!
craftin-on-my-door.blogspot.com

Nanne said...

super cute take on the heart challenge..luv that card, but I luv all of your cards..LOL
Hope you are having a great weekend..
hugs
Nanné your long lost buddy :)

Patty Sue 2 said...

Your son has one lucky teacher...love this card!

Sandi Cl~ said...

What a fabulous and unique take on the challene! Love that we had such a variety! Awesome job with the Imagine and with your scissors .. heehee!

magicwanda said...

Oh Leah you are to much girl...
I LOVE this it would look awesome as a lid to a box ! Love the cuts and colors.
Love the popped apples really makes the whole thing pop...lol
Great job
Hugs Wanda

Tammy E. said...

This is very innovative, unique and adorable. Lucky teacher!

Ceci's Blog said...

Hi Leah!! What a great card, I love the apples!!

Thank you for you sweet comment on my blog I'm pretty sure you will be one of my favorites too!!
I love you blog!!
cecy

June Houck said...

Thank you for taking time to leave a lovely comment on my blog, Leah. I scrolled through your recent posts…WOWZA! I am now following you as well as SOUS; you are so talented!

Fern said...

WOW Leah, what a fantastic take on the "heart" die cut challenge!!! This is so creative!!! I love it!! Hugs!!

**Treefrog** said...

I love this Leah and so will the teacher I'm sure! At first I thought it was a little box with little apple notes in it, love all the dimension on it! I haven't used the CCR in quite awhile but now that you can cut with it I'll have to hop over there and check it out! I also had some issues with my imagine with my project, a couple of times is just quit and didn't finish cutting the images. I sure hope it was just a fluke and it needed a rest from the work out I gave it that day, lol!
((Hugs)) Theresa
(Oh and sorry I'm so late leaving comments, the daughter was having some issues this weekend and was on the phone ALL weekend with her!)

annette said...

fantastic Leah, just love the apples for the teacher ... hugz X:)

Stine Ursin said...

So cute!! I am a terrible commenter these days (and a terrible scrapper and blogger LOL). Just know that I stop by your blog and enjoy your work often :)

Faith Abigail Designs said...

This is so cute! I love all the layering and the tiny details. I'm sure your new teacher will love this!

Faith Abigail Designs said...

This is so cute! I love all the layering and the tiny details. I'm sure your new teacher will love this!

Sabrina said...

This is such a neat card Leah! I love the shape and all of the layering inside. Your son's teacher will just love it!