Friday, September 9, 2011

Spooky Banner and Flower Tutorial ~Flower Die Cut Challenge SOUS~

Spooky Banner and Flower Tutorial

Hello ladies! I hope today's post finds you all well! I am excited to share my project today for Stuck on U Sketches. Today we've got a die cut challenge and its one almost allllllll of you can play in...FLOWERS! Oh yeah! Talk about possibilities! So get out those die's, pull out your machines and let us see something pretty! Or...Spooky...as in my case! LOL!

At the end of the post I will be sharing a video on making these flowers. I am pretty nervous to share video's because, well honestly, I can't handle listening to myself, its true..but I still wanted to share these. They are just too cool in real life and everyone that see's these can't believe they are handmade. =) 

Here's my banner hanging on the wall in my kitchen.



And some individual photos of each banner piece and flower.







Banner paper is the new Halloween stack by DCWV. Embossed with CB folders and inked. Other paper is Basic Grey Basic's. Each circle is stamped with either a woodgrain or a grid pattern. Letters are Basic Grey and those are covered with Crackle Accents. Die cuts are either CB or Sizzix (flourishes). 

I hope you enjoy the video and that it covers the making of this flower well enough...thanks for watching! Some details I may have forgotten to share...flower cut is Walk in my Garden (there is one with these sharp edged petals, really cool).  And I used a glue gun for the first time in something like this and think I am hooked..easy, quick and way cheaper then other adhesives.



And don't forget to see the GORGEOUS examples at SOUS...great work this week ladies!!!!

14 comments:

Teri Berrios said...

HI LEAH!!!! WOW great banner....and that video ROCKED!!! Hope you and your family are doing well!! Big Hugs, T

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh how GORGEOUS! you know me and Halloween. OOOOOhhhh sooo much fun and such great details. Love the spooky fence punch along the top. Fab video, too! The camera angle worked out well. Can't wait to see this project in person. xxD

Stine Ursin said...

Great banner Leah!!! Loved your video, especially the ending LOL it wasn't aweful at all! the flowers really turned out great. Love all the details u have added to them.

Audrey Frelx said...

Hi, Leah! What a fun and festive banner!!! And eventhough it's a Halloween banner, I think it's beautiful!

Hugs, my friend!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Hey, girlfriend! We are home and trying to catch up a bit .. but I think the blogging will have to wait until tomorrow. Whew! Except for a few special people! Love love love your banner .. even though I don't like Halloween. I am so excited at the variety we had at SOUS today! And doing a banner was a great idea! Might have to steal it for another DT idea. Anyway, this is so super cute! Love the tulle. And hey, your video was awesome! You should be so proud! I was wondering though .. are you a leftie or is the image just reversed? Hope you have a fab weekend even though you are getting so much older! LOL

**Treefrog** said...

Love the Banner Leah, What a great idea! And the video was Great! The angle was perfect, you could see everything! I just Love the tulle added to the flowers, I know what I'm going to be doing this weekend after seeing all the great projects with all the flower ideas, lol you can never have enough flowers I always say, lol! I may evena hve to try making a Halloween banner myself, McCade would get a kick out of it, he loves Halloween!
((Hugs)) Theresa

Sandi Smith said...

wow...that is one awesome banner!!!Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog and for becoming a follower!

Crayola58 said...

Leah, how very gorgeous indeed.... This is fabuloso 100 times over.
Hugs
Carole

Tammy E. said...

Who would have thought that a flower would look so great on a Halloween banner? But it looks awesome! So cool!

Sabrina said...

Great job on your video Leah! You sound great too, so don't worry, you did awesome! I love your banner, it turned out spooktacular! The flowers are so pretty, thanks for sharing!

Faith Abigail Designs said...

What an amazing banner. I love everything about it and those flowers are absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the video! I'd really like to try my hand at these.

Esther said...

This banner is super gorgeous!!!
Love it!!

Margie said...

AMAZING!!! Love everything about it. Great video too and I have also recently starting using my hot glue guns. Wish I had figured that out years ago. I have a cute little battery operated, cordless one, and if I can ever find it buried beneath the rubble, it will be my new best friend! Hope all is well with you and your little cutie patooties!

annette said...

oooh what fun !!!! great banner, great flowers, great video, lovely to hear your voice .. love X:)