Saturday, October 15, 2011

Bats, Cats and Birthday Hats ~ABC Challenge~


Bats, Cats and Birthday Hats

Like you all didn't have enough of my silliness yesterday...I get to post again today! LOL! Today is the 15th which is the second post day for ABC Challenges and our second from the relaunch...today's challenge...B is for Boo! 
But thank you allll for participating in our first challenge back...450+ of you! Wow! That was some blog hopping on my part! LOL!

I created this darling shaped card from the Mini Monsters cartridge. So the caldron is the base card. I cut a few layers so that I could do different colors, like for the belly of the caldron. The monster is also from Mini Monsters. 

The opening on the card was cut separately and embossed with a CB spider web folder, then inked with with metallic silver. The sticker letters are by Bo Bunny and were covered in Picket Fence Distress Stickles. The small bat is a Cuttlebug die. And very random ribbon pieces from my stash. LOL!


Here's a look at the card open. I used the monster but added another square onto the bottom of the monster to elongate it to use as a tag. It fits into the caldron rather nicely! I did some stamping using a text stamp for the inside of the card flap (and the back of the card). Polka Dots on the monster as well...with the rest of the greeting.

This was such a fun project to put together! This is going to be a birthday card for my niece who's birthday is a couple days before Halloween. Too fun!

Thanks for coming by...I've been posting lots of Halloween lately, haven't I? LOL! Don't forget to stop by ABC and see what the other gals have done! And check out our sponsor and the prize pack from...




10 comments:

Nanne said...

that is way too cute Leah and I luv luv luv your web embossing..couldn't keep my eyes off of that..
Happy Birthday to your niece :)
hugs
Nanné
p.s. yea, lots of halloween stuff, whats up with that?..LOL (shrugs and giggles)

Patty Sue 2 said...

Leah,
Your card just makes me smile each time I see it. That is a wonderful thing fo ra card to do! Beautiful job!

Water Lily Cards said...

Hi Leah...such a fun card..I love it!!

Hugs
Jan..x

Jenn said...

This is such a fun card, I love it! Maybe I'll try to get creative with my Cricut... or I'll just keep looking at your creations, lol!

Sabina said...

Hi Leah. What a funny card!! I really love it!! A project truly unique and unusual! Your creativity is great!!!!

Audrey Frelx said...

OMG, Leah, this is so cute!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Web embossing?! Holy mackeral! Love this projects .. awewsome way to make a unique holiday card! I am so in to purple right now!

Regina Easter said...

OMG OMG OMG, how cute is this...love it

Ira said...

Such a fantastic Halloween project! Super cute!! Thanks for visiting my blog and your sweet comment, it's a small world, nice to hear that you know Shona, too, yes, she is one hugely talented lady! Greetz from the Netherlands, Ira

Dora said...

Wow what a fantastic card, so fun and so creative. Love that web embossing too. Thank you for your nice comment on my card. Hugs xxx