Friday, October 14, 2011

Ghouls ~SOUS October 14, 2011~


Ghouls

Hey all! Today is post day for Stuck on U Sketches and there is so much to share! First off, hosting this spooky month of September is our sinful sister, Nanne. However due to a goof by, a-hem...me...this month sketches will be by me instead of Nanne (next month, I'll do text, you can enjoy her sketches). So anyways, LOL, some of you gals had requested some CAS sketches and so that's what I made. For as simple as it may appear, you'll had to check out SOUS though and see the cool interpretations the ladies did! 

And a bit more news...exciting news...we have a wonderful new designer joining us at SOUS for sketches. You can find Melissa here! Please do go by and say HELLO! We think you will all enjoy her and her style is beyond cool! Check her out!

And onto my page...this was certainly a time consuming one. So I'll just say now...it's gonna be a lost post.


So starting here at the base of my card. Using the Gyspy I welded together a bunch of Halloween images. Tombstones, ghosts, pumpkins, hats, skulls and more. Then I randomly smooshed Versamark over this and used UTEE. Then stamped with a distress like random ink spot stamp and embossed with black embossing powder. The edges were also inked in black. 



This is my first time using the font from Happy Hauntings and oh my! The thrill factor is pretty great! I cut a red shadow and popped the black and added Glossy Accents to all the drips...eeew! I also inked in a few gruesome shades on the frame and randomly used UTEE on the edges, and distressed. Very, very neat IRL. (I also and totally ridiculously cut out a couple teeny spiders out of printed paper and added them onto the frame..how beyond!)


There's always a creative mishap, right? Well try die cutting with Grungepaper, inking black and then covering in Versamark with UTEE....can someone say, bubbles? It just so happens the nastiness just added to the spider! Nice! And check out that super big butt bling! (I'm in a mood...forgive me!)

The fussy cut skull is from DCWV newest holiday stack. I added some staples (ouch!) and added the stamped text. Another detail you can't see is the glitter pen I outlined his teeth in.


Also hand cut this beautiful bottle. All I did was add the swirl stamp and embossed with black powder. And I added some pearls to the swirls.


Another cut bottle with sanded edges to show the white core. I used a embossing pen and black powder to add detail to the spider, and added gems. The pumpkins are from Happy Hauntings. And another nasty spider.

Did you think it was never going to end? LOL! Hope that wasn't too bad but I really did so much that I wanted to share it all! You know how it goes...So thank you so much for coming by and if you're not too tired from this visit...do go by SOUS and check out the other (not creepy) pages! Later ladies!

13 comments:

Margie said...

OMG, Leah, now that's my kind of messy fun! just awesome!!!!

annette said...

wowee !!! awesome work Leah... all that creativity looks fab .... terrific
hugz X:)

Shona said...

this is soooooo cool Leah..looks very stunning :) hugs :)

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Beautiful!!!!! Love it, great job as always! Happy weekend!

Stine Ursin said...

You scare me Leah!!! This is so cool. Love all the little spooky details. I can imagine what your craft room looked like after this...

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Leah, you are just a creative young lady.. just beautfiul...hugs

Sandi Cl~ said...

Ewwww ....I'm sceered, mommy! Look at that awesome nasty spider! I LOVE him to pieces . what a happy accident! Great job on the bottles and your tombstones .. lots of work on this one that I would have otherwise missed! Gonna have to try me some UTEE!

The6ofusinca said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT SWEETIE PIE!!! lOVE BOTH SPIDERS! They turned out awesome!!

Happy Halloweeny sweetie!

xoxo
Jen

Nanne said...

Holy Moly that's a lot of detail young lady...LOL
I loved seeing everything so close up cause of the amazing details that you mention would of been missed.. those tiny spiders are amazing, loved them to creepy pieces..LOL
and those bottles, especially the embossed one is just wow.. love love love your layout
Hugs
Nanné

isay said...

love your sketch and your layout! it's amazingly spooky! and thanks for the shout out. have a great day.
isay :D

Bonnie aka Cinnabon said...

Wow! All that detail! Totally awesome!

Sabrina said...

Wow, so cool! I love all of the details you put into this layout!

Scossie Jane said...

OMG Leah, what an awesome page. Sooooo much detail, I loooove the spiders, and the bubbles are too cool - great work.... Hugs x