Friday, October 28, 2011

Halloween Night ~SOUS October 28, 2011


Halloween Night

The big night is almost here! Are you all ready for some Tricks and Treats?  We are (...ready for treats that is...LOL!) Today is another sketch post of Stuck on U Sketches and another design by your's truly! For designing sketches this time around I kept things pretty simple, thinking of those of you that have requested such sketches. Plus the nice part...the base is there, the embellishments up to your ideas...I love that! So here is the sketch for the 2 week challenge....


And my page! The super fun printed paper is by Doodlebug and I am pretty sure it is many, many years old. I used simple black and white to photo mat, and background mat the printed paper. I used a thick black marker to create my own edging. 


Made this fun little tag so I could make sure to get the date in here somewhere....


And these guys...along with the kids of course...are the main focus of the page. I started with welding shadow's together to create the black shadow and then started layering each one separately. And then tried to come up with something a little different for each of them.


My favorite of all is this multi-legged fellow with his Glossy Accent spots!


This was so much fun to create! I loved putting together the page itself, adding the purple ribbon along the white Bazzill Dotted Swiss paper and the black punched fence border. The ribbon adds some other texture to the page and a different finish. It's almost a simple page but I guess with the detail and the colors, it's still a lot. LOL...plus 4 photos! Of course you all know my kiddo's and then my niece Maddie...a year ago! Good grief...a girl age 10-11 sure changes a TON in a year! Wow! =o) Thank goodness I have time...

I hope you all have an incredible weekend! My family and I after many activities this week will be camping as a family at the beach..enjoying the coast pumpkin patches and then the day off for Halloween on monday! So I'll be making visits next week and will have many photos to share and scrap...can't wait!

xoxo! Leah

8 comments:

Shona said...

I bet you had fun...this is just so much fun. Love all the goodies on here :) beautiful layout and sketch :)

Bonnie aka Cinnabon said...

what a cute layout! Your monsters are adorable!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Sounds like a fun weekend, sweetie! Hope you have a great time with all the fam. Love your page. Those monsters are too stinkin' cute! Loved the sketch .. it helped me scrap mu multi-photo of my fire-woman! LOL

Regina Easter said...

what a cute cute cute layout Leah...hugs

Audrey Frelx said...

Hi, Leah!!! What a really cute and fun layout!!! Adorable!

annette said...

Hi Leah, hope you all had a great weekend ... loving your monsters .. & your darling children on this fun fun layout .. hugz X:)

Stine Ursin said...

So cute Leah!! Love your little monsters! Hope u have a wonderful halloween!! Bo celebration at our house, but we are ready with treats for the kids if someone comes by. Halloween i slowly catching on in Norway, but I am not quite ready for it yet :)

Scossie Jane said...

This layout is too darn cute Leah. Your wee monsters are adorable - as are the Cricut monsters....LOL HUgs x