Friday, October 21, 2011

Halloween Wall Hangings ~SOUS Die Cut Challenge Fence ~

Halloween Wall Hangings

Hello and a very happy Friday to you all! Today is another Die Cut Challenge reveal day at Stuck on U Sketches and we've got a good one....

Fence

There are SO many amazing idea's out there for this one and you'll be beyond inspired by visiting SOUS and seeing what the DT has done. Lots of very different way's to go...can't wait to see what you guys do! 

I had this idea for awhile but didn't have the wall plaques so by the time I got them I was chomping at the bit to do this! I started with painting these a deep purple and brushed some brown to make it more distressed looking. I also added some gold on the edges. Plaques were a couple bucks each at WM.


Let's see...I just know me and won't remember where all the cuts came from but...the raven is from Paper Doll Dress Up, along with the skelly. The tree is from Happy Haunting and the spider was hanging from a witches hat from that cart as well but I just wanted the spider. I've added some goggly eyes, punched stars and grass stickers by Mrs Grossman's.


The ghost is from Paper Doll Dress Up and the tombstones. The cat and the pumpkins are from Happy Hauntings. The fence...the whole point of the Die Cut Challenge...and I can't remember the cart! LOL! Leave it to me! LOL! The fence was embossed with a woodgrain pattern and popped over another fence cut for some added dimension. I also added an embossed image into the pumpkin faces using a Cuttlebug folder (the one with the circles and different Halloween images).

 

Last one...some Cuttlebug die bats (love those with the goggly eyes!) More punched stars. Another fence and more awesome pumpkins (from Happy Hauntings, a favorite image of mine). And some vine stickers from Mrs Grossman's as well.



Thanks so much for looking, for coming by and I'll see you fine ladies soon! Seriously, I know most of you that know me, know the girls at SOUS but if you do come by here first...do stop in at SOUS just to see the other projects...you won't be sorry! 

12 comments:

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

soooooo cute! Love it.

Shona said...

this is just so adorable :) Love all the cut outs :)

Shona said...

this is just so adorable :) Love all the cut outs :)

crayola58 said...

Oh my, how cute!.... I love what you have done.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs
Carole

Nanne said...

Those are adorable Leah... I love those pumpkins, need to get me that cart..LOL
i also love the layering of all the different elements you did.. Another fantastic project
Hugs
Nanné

Debbie said...

So cute!!!

Tammy E. said...

So darn cute! And how creative. Great take on the challenge.

iftheshoefits said...

Oh wow, now I'm mad...lol, I had a piece of wood placard months ago...I think I ended up throwing it away, because I had not used it in at three years, lol. Then I find your blog and see this, the irony! Fab creation once again...who knows maybe I'll make it to Michaels next weekend and pick some up, but it will have to be for next year, lol.
Thanks so much for visiting my page, was so unexpected :)
-Tanisha

Tanisha said...

Just noticed I left you a comment with the wrong login, darn these gmail accounts, lol.

annette said...

ooh you do halloween so well .. love this Leah .. very clever creation .. well done my friend ... luvnhugz X:)

**Treefrog** said...

Oh how Fun these are! Love the googly eyes on all the characters and you know me, I love all the layers and textures! Your so funny, I used to do that with all my cuts and then I started keeping a notebook as I go because people were asking me what carts I used and I couldn't remember, lol! I've even got so organized as to writing down what size I use, lol! Now if I can only get them done faster and to you earlier I would be all set, lol!
((Hugs)) Theresa

Lori said...

Your Halloween hangings are wonderful - love that background paint color!