Monday, October 10, 2011

Kinder Kastle

Kinder Kastle

Hello friends! We started our week with a rainy monday but as it turns out we are due again for some seriously warm weather! =)  I just hope that lasts for all the Halloween activities the coming weekends! 

I wanted to share today my project for this week at The Cutting Cafe. For my layout I used the new Spiders and Their Webs file. I really like to options for this, the borders, images, and some neat extra's like the tiny tag I used, or the web squares that could be used as a layered piece on a card.


My background paper was a left over sheet from My Minds Eye, a couple years ago. I resized the spiders from the CC file and then cut the bodies out and drew in a few legs (a few to less for the real spiders!) I stamped and embossed with Distress Powders on the roof tops and sprayed the page with my first purchase of anything by Tattered Angels (the chalkboard spray in white).


My tiny tag and some flower layering.



And that cool spider web border is from the CC file as well...really fun! I guess this was a bit of a quick post but who has time to read so much during the week days? LOL! And now that I've done this post, I just may go back and actually add that title to this page...pretty sweet! This was last year's kindergarten photo for my son Scotti!

Hugs!

14 comments:

Cathy said...

wow, I love it:)
cathyplus5.blogspot.com

Sandi Cl~ said...

Cute cute cute! Had to smile at this one! You are such a mom and your pages always reflect the joy you reap from your babes! Another year, another Halloween .. almost here! What to be? What to be?

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Adorable!!!!! Love the texture

Nanne said...

check this out girlfriend.. Loving that castle and those hanging spiders are just wayyyyyyy too cute.. you have such a way with halloween layouts. loving it :)
Hugs
Nanné

Regina Easter said...

Leah, this is so AMAZING...i simply adore this layout...fabulous...hugs

crayola58 said...

Leah, this is just fantastic. What a wonderful LO, and I love all those darling little details.
Hugs
Carole

Lori1brat said...

I LOVE your adorable layout Leah! Your spiders are SUPER cute ! Hard to be afraid of them when they are so friendly looking ! LOL Hugs - Lori

Monique said...

So cute!! I really like the little castle. Aldo we don't do much with halloween here in Holland, i want to make the halloween house from the happy haunting cart. I hope it turns out as cute as your spooky castle.
Hugs

Tina said...

Leah - Hi. Thanks so much for your kind words on my blog post - it meant alot to me. My kids are 20, 10, 8, 4 - I am so not the organizer...wish I was. Thanks for tips ---love this scrapbook page - it's very cool and super sweet photos of the kids.

have a fabulous day.
bee back soon
tina

Jeri said...

What an adorable layout. I love the castle as the backdrop for that fantastic picture. Made me think about all the Halloween parties in former classrooms. Now that I'm retired I don't get to see all those cute costumes. Great job!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

wow! This is amazing~!

Janie said...

Yep yet another super cute LO form you , you "ROCK" the layouts girlfriend !!
HUGS,JANIE

Annette Bowes said...

Very Clever layout! Love the spiders dangling down, wonderful kindergarten keepsake! Have a wonderful weekend, take CareX:)

DeeDee said...

WOW! How awesome! I love the castle and the spiders coming down. Such a fun layout! WONDERFUL! HUGS! :)