Friday, November 25, 2011

Love Blooms Here ~SOUS November 25~


Happy Thanksgiving!
I wanted to extend my greetings to all of you on this wonderful American holiday.
To me, this is nothing about turkey and pilgrims but allllll about
being thankful! I think this day needs to happen a bit more often here in America.
Maybe then we could get back on track as a country.
But anyways, LOL!
I want you to know that you, my dear friends, play a huge roll
this day for what I am thankful for.
Love ya all!

something is wrong with my scheduling and I don't know why this won't post tomorrow so this is for friday's post, just a day early. sorry. 

Love Blooms Here

Today is post day for Stuck on U Sketches and we've got a sketch by Pagemaps. I did this page with a girlfriend of mine, she did something similar as well. My friend Brandi is kinda new-ish at scrapping and so we're working together on projects. 

Solids are Bazzill and prints are by K&Company. I've used a bit of vellum over the print that is under the photo. This photo is off my kiddo's holding their baby brother for the firs time. They had on bright pink and yellow (yikes) so the whole color scheme was pulled out because of that.


These handmade flowers were put together from Mothers Day Bouquet. There are about 6 layers, the outside layers turned down a bit, the inside pulled up.




Kept my text to a minimum because I'm bathing the kids and sitting on the toilet (and I mean with the seat down, not that kind of "sitting" LOL) while posting this and thought...hum, well if anytime I do some shorter text...it would be now! LOL! 
The kids and I have been back and forth between home and my parents all week and it's been great fun spending time with everyone and cooking! Here's to leftovers! LOL!

See you all soon! Great work on the layouts this week my SOUS gals! 

5 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

How beautiful.. I need to try making flowers... Wish I could scrap with you... :-(. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving my friend... Hugs from Ukiah

Sandi Cl~ said...

Hey, girlie! My crowd just left and I am pooped but happy and full! Treadmill here I come!~ Lovely photo .. and awesome job on those flowers! Hope you have a stupendous weekend!

annette said...

Awesome flowers Leah... love your LO and the precious photo of a lovely family time ... Thanksgiving is such a beautiful celebration .. Hugz X:)

Lori said...

Gorgeous layout - beautiful elements, like those flowers!

Stine Ursin said...

Such a sweet photo. Love your flowers!! Glad u have had a great time!!