Friday, November 4, 2011

The End of a Season ~November 4 Die Cut Challenge Leaf~


The End of A Season

Hello Friends! So today finds us into November...I can barely believe it! As much as I love the holidays more then anything, it always somehow saddens me that they've come around again because it shows really how quickly time flies. And these most precious photos are almost a year old now. There are so many emotions I feel with this that I wouldn't even know where to begin...

So let's ignore the teary woman behind the blog (LOL) and get onto the first Die Cut Challenge for November for Stuck on U Sketches. And our challenge is...

LEAF 
(be careful, not Leah, don't go doing scrapbook pages all about me, LOL!) 

I've done a happy Fall scene here. Using the tall tree from Stretch Your Imagination and a photo of each of my babies in the front yard. Every year since each of their births I have taken photos in the leaves.  I love to have them from each year to count on...

Another special thing about the page is that I have met a new friend. She isn't too new to scrapping but new to the idea of die cut machines. So when I designed this page using my Imagine and choosing colors for the cuts (most but not all) we printed 2 so she has a similar page as well. And then step by step I showed her how to add details to the page. So this page will hold that memory as well of being able to scrapbook with a friend. Very special!


The pumpkins are from Pooh and Friends cart. The pumpkins were popped from the green layer and stamped with a text stamp (by Papertrey Ink). The squirrel from Happily Ever After has an embossed tail and a pearl for the eye and nose.


I do believe this apple basket is also from Pooh and Friends. The birdie from Happily Ever after. I thought something a little different for the leaf challenge and included die cuts that already had leaves built into the die (instead of all separate leaves). The basket was embossed with Distressed Stripes. Both the apples and the bird have been stamped with a small polka dot and dusted with Perfect Pearls (gold for the apple and blue for the bird, but wouldn't photograph.) You can also see some of the extra die cut and punched leaves with stamping and embossing.


The wonderful tree. Stamped with a woodgrain pattern and edges inked. That sweet owl, from Happily Ever After is adorned with a pink glittery heart on his chest, black pearl eyes (as for all the critters on the page). Clouds added just peeking around the top of the page were also dry embossed.


As for a title. Though not on here yet, I'll maybe add one later...but titles are not my strong suit. I didn't find one that I liked until writing this blog post. But we'll see if I really pull this out and finish it...

So goodness...I've certainly been chatty today! LOL! So off you go....go see the what the other gals have done as well at SOUS...see you soon! 

13 comments:

Michele F. said...

I really love ths layout. It caught my eye! Love your little "Scene" at the bottom. :)

Bonnie aka Cinnabon said...

Love the scene you created with all the diecuts, Leah! Such a sweet page!

Monique said...

Hi Leah, what a wonderfull page. I love all the details you used. Now, the LO tells it's own story and doesn't need a titlle LOL

**Treefrog** said...

What a cute layout Leah! After living in Vegas for 14 years (and seeing cacti and dirt, lol) I get the joy of seeing the seasons and I Love it! Love the cute pics of the kids, I should take some of McCade, we always go for a drive so I can take pics of all the changing colors of the trees, so fun and pretty!
And how fun a new scrapping friend, I met a girl this week also that likes to scrap and when it calms down at work we're going to get together and scrap, fun, fun, fun!
Oh yeah and I Love the Pooh cart too for all the fun cute extras!
((Hugs)) Theresa

Sandi Cl~ said...

Hey there sweetie! I love your page with all its heartfelt significance. Sometimes I make something that means soooo much to me ... but other poeple like my pretty ones better .. and I wonder what is wrong with THEM!! Don't they get it? Enough of that vent! Love all the extras on this one and so glad that you got to share your knowledge with someone else. Love the little birdie. But most of all the adorably sweet photos! Hug!

Tammy E. said...

I just love all of your little creatures on this page. So darn cute! Great layout.

Nanne said...

This is super cute layout leah.. I love your take on the leaf challenge and I wish I had thought of that, having cuts with leaves already on them..LOL you clever little thing!!
hugs
Nanné

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the scene you've created & the 'I love heart' is a cute touch on the tree.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

Shona said...

this is such a happy fall scene :) love the pumpkins and the leaves!

Sabrina said...

This is such a great layout to showcase your sweet children in the leaves! I love all of the detail you added to create the scene. I agree, I love the holidays, but time is going by way too fast. My son will be 13 in 2 months. As a surprise, I am making him a scrapbook from when he was born. I have school scrapbooks and family year book scrapbooks, but this will be chronological year by year just all about him! I am going through such an emotional journey as I make it! So from one teary Mom to another, let's just cherish each moment!
xx
Sabrina :)

annette said...

Hi Leah, this page is just so so darn cute ... I love all your little embellishments especially the squirrel ... lovely pics of your 'cutie-pies' sitting amid the leaves ... oh & that carved heart in the tree adds to the sentiment .. luvnhugz X:)

Faith Abigail Designs said...

What an awesome layout! I love the embossing and stamping that you've added; what a beautiful touch.

Audrey Frelx said...

So cute, and the little images are adorable!!! Super cute layout!