Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Happy Holidays ~ABC Challenges D for Dazzle~


Happy Holidays

It's a very early morning post for me and I don't know about you, but I'll still be sleeping when this comes up! LOL! Today is second post day of the month for the ABC Challenges and we've got an extra good challenge this time around...D for Dazzle. And let's all just say that without the dazzle our projects just wouldn't be as good!

I made this sweet wreathe into an ornament after designing it and realizing I didn't want to give it away
as a card! LOL! Tell me I'm not the only one that has thought this before...

This design is from Joys of the Season Cricut cart. I've used the shadow and layers and popped each. All the edges are inked and sprayed with Tattered Angels chalkboard mists (in a white and brown) for that extra dazzle (which won't of course photograph but is stunning in person). 


I gave the title it's own shine with Stickles Glitz. And my handmade flower (cuts from Mothers Day Bouquet) is also sprayed with the shimmer mist and then Stickles added to the petal tips.  The extra bling comes in with the large glitter brad and the red berry gems, and more Stickles for the embossed leave layer on the wreath.

I really enjoyed making this and this was the first project I completed at the scrapping retreat I just attended this past weekend. I can't crank out 20 pages like some of the ladies did but I did come away with some little jewels like this (just so glad I can keep it! ha!)

Thanks for coming by and do stop in to see the other beautifully dazzling projects at ABC...and check out our sponsor...Bugaboo and how you could win 7 stamps! Awesome!

7 comments:

Sandi Cl~ said...

Well, lady, this is gorgeous and I sure wouldn't give it away either! LOL Great job embossing and G/M everything. Love that flower too! Have a happy day!

Distressed Miss said...

Wow Leah this is so beautiful such a great idea.
Big Hugs
Clare
xx

crayola58 said...

Ah, here it comes, so fast upon us this Christmas season. And just look at the wonderful wreath and holiday greetings you've started us out with. I love it.
Carole

Esther said...

Very pretty!!!!

Sabina said...

This is amazing Leah!!! I really love it!!!!!

Audrey Frelx said...

Well, dazzle it does!!! This is just beautiful!

Lin said...

Leah what a stunning creation! I would adore having something as gorgeous as this adorning my home at Christmas.

Lin xx