Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Home ~ABC Challenge C for Crochet Flowers~


Home

I am excited to share this little project with you guys today! Today is the 1st and that means the first challenge at ABC Challenges! And...it is C is for Crochet Flowers! That's a cool challenge with a great sponsor...

I am honestly speechless that it's already November. I mean...where the heck did October go? Where does each month go? LOL! But I am always excited for Turkey Day and some time off with the kids at home! I just hope they don't all go insane from lack of stuff to do! But really...onto my project!

I wanted to make something for my friend Brandi. A church friend who comes over each week with her kids and we spend the day together. I made this before I found out that they would be moving but the timing is kinda perfect for this. I am going to miss seeing her so often but she's moving to the Sacramento area and promised to still come when she can! Yay!

The idea was to put this little 6x6 into a frame but I haven't found anything I like yet so I am going to show it as is. I've layered some Webster Pages papers together, a busy print under a more simple vellum sheet. I love how the layers of images look! The center piece is a Webster Pages journaling piece. 


And my crocheted flower for the challenge. My one and only crocheted anything...I almost panicked at the challenge but thought I had seen something once in my stash (had to do some digging!) I've done a good amount of layering with Prima blooms, leaves and punched leaves.  The word "home" is a metal accent. 


To mimic the sheen in the metal piece I clear embossed a large corner flourish stamp on the side here. I took a ton of photos and had a tough time getting something photographed but I think you can tell well enough. I've added centers to all the flowers and swirled some jute around the page. I love the textures to this little project!!!

I hope that you will go by and see what the other gals did at ABC...I am sure they will impress! So thanks for coming by and see you soon everyone! Happy November 1st!

6 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh it's beautiful and I am so sure she is going to love it... I am sure you will miss her, but Sacramento isn't too far away...
hugs

Sandi Cl~ said...

I love it and she will too! Awesome textures .. I'm big on that! Today was reveal day for Flying Unicorn Kit of the Month .. so I have been super busy with posting all of that. The texture thing made me think of that! Off to read your email ..

Patty Sue 2 said...

Who wouldn't love this? It is beautiful. We were both digging through our stash for this one!

julieprice3 said...

It is very pretty Leah, love all the flowers you've used. And youe photo of your children on the header is delightful! Thanks for stopping by my blog
Hugs Julie P

pink cotton said...

Leah!!!! I miss ya hun ;). Just stopped in to give ya a hug :)

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the variety of flowers especially the crocheted flower since I'm a crocheter.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com