Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Love Notebook ~The Cutting Cafe~


This week for The Cutting Cafe we were asked to play with the wonderful file called Jot It Down. This set is really wonderful and has a TON of things on it, so much so that pretty much any paper crafter would get a lot of use of the this set, not just a little. And that's got to be the best set out there...one you could use over and over...

So...my anniversary is coming up and so I thought to make something a little different then just a card. So using the "lined paper" from the set, I made my own notebook. The cover is done with some different kraft card stocks. Embossed with a flourish in clear powder and then the flower stamped in white and hand cut and layered. 

The brad is by K&Company and the stickers on the belly band are Mrs Grossmans.


Here's a photo from a few years ago, really love this of us...
The "remember" is from the set as well, cut in half.


I need to example myself that the embellishments inside are all flat because I wanted it to close..but I just look at this and think something needs popped! LOL! At least I added some glitter to the heart...LOL!


There are some pages in between where I can write to my hubby...and this last page I used a tiny paper bag, folded and stuck in these cute pieces from the set...there's also a spot in the top for another teeny tiny little note.

I thought this was a fun project to make and something just a little different then just giving a card...I think I will make these more often. I love writing in cards so I could use the extra room! =0)

I leave in a few days for a scrapbooking retreat so I want to apologize for probably not getting around to many blogs this week! Though I am sure you all understand! And can I tell you...I'm a SAHM with 3 little kids and I don't even get 2 hours a week to myself...so...this is REALLY a needed break! LOL!

~Leah

13 comments:

Nanne said...

this is beyond cute Leah.. I love it and check out that handwriting and that cute pic...
such an adorable couple
Hugs
Nanné

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a wonderful card this is. It is so hard to have the perfect card for our hubby's and this one is just right. TFS

Shona said...

this is such a fun project...love it! You have a great time at the retreat :)

jessica said...

Hi Leah!!
This is beautiful! Happy Anniversary to an adorable couple!!
TFS and have a GREAT day!

Regina Easter said...

oh Leah, what a beautiful book, so precious, so lovely done...happy anniversary girlie...hugs

annette said...

this is terrific Leah, have a super time at the retreat .. BTW you make a very handsome couple .. luvnhugz X:)

DeeDee said...

Awwww, this is adorable girlie! :)

crayola58 said...

Precious. Beyond precious. Love every inch.
Hugs
Carole

magicwanda said...

Oh Leah...
What a super fantastic card. I love the colors anyhow you added a picture, l really need to remember that. Great idea!
Happy Anniversary and have this weekend..
Hugs Wanda

Laura Davis said...

This is precious!
hugs
Laura

Sandi Cl~ said...

Cute, fun project! Have a great weekend!

Audrey Frelx said...

Absolute adorable, Leah!

Helen Tilbury said...

Hi Leah! Thanks for the bloggy visit :) I have had a good look around & seen such lovely projects here!!