Friday, November 11, 2011

Nov 11 SOUS sketch

Family Fun

Now it's hard to see a bit because of the prints...but I really did follow my girlfriend Nanne's sketch very well! LOL! She made a great sketch for today's reveal day at Stuck on U Sketches, super love what she has done! Love the opportunity to play with some layered papers.

These great prints are from the Splash line from Echo Park, this past Summer's release and the rest are mixes of DCWV and other pieces from my stash. The cuts...pretty much all from Life's a Beach. I guess since we live near the ocean and do lots of Summer stuff...I'm always going to have uses for that cart. This is a family photo though from March 2011 when we visited family in Las Vegas. My husband, our kids, his sister and her kids! There's always got to be some fussy faces when you get that many kids together, Ha!


The title piece is a phrase from Lifes a Beach, then I just fit extra fishes over and popped them, while debossing the background. The fish on the page all have matching Stickles and Distress Ink to dress them up.

I cut the mermaid tail from glitter paper and the scallops were cut enough to just roll the paper up a bit..love that look. And her flower in her hair is a MS punch. I took a small circle sticker from the Echo Park collection and gave her a "pearl" to hold. A tip for added rosy cheeks...I use the eraser from a pencil and dip it in Worn Lipstick Distress Ink (and then always test for color on the backside of the paper).


I really love the movement of the coral embossed with Divine Swirls, also inked in coordinating colors. I also added some fiber to the page.


Last bit is the tag I made. I used the "just add water" sticker, over white paper and then hand cut to fit. I really wanted to journal a bit about the kids ages during this visit.


Goodness..that was a lot! LOL! I hope you'll get a chance to visit the rest of the ladies at SOUS and see their projects and get a chance to play along yourself! 
~Leah

8 comments:

Michele F. said...

Super fun page! Love all the die cuts!!

Shona said...

this is just so much fun...love all the die cuts too. :)

~Joy-N-Jesus~ said...

Hey girl! Layouts look great as always! So cute! Love how it turned out! Love your banner too! Sorry I have been mia, but I have not forgot about you! I did get your email, but for some reason can't find it to reply. Sorry. Life has been full! I would love to hook up! Maybe after the holidays :) will you try me again jewelscprice@gmail.com Blessing friend!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Fun page .. lots of great cuts ..super cute mermaid! Hope you are having a ball at your retreat! Hugs!

Debbie said...

Gosh darn cute Leah!!!! Love the fish!!!!

Stine Ursin said...

I love the cute little fish and the mermaid is so adorable!! Great layout my friend :)

annette said...

super super cute .. love that mermaid .. hugz X:)

Audrey Frelx said...

Oh, how fun is this layout -- and sooooo cute!