Friday, November 18, 2011

Pie ~SOUS November 18 Thanksgiving Table~


Pie

Oh goodness, sorry this is a little late. Apparently I keep having issues with blogger actually posting my scheduled posts. I'm sure somehow it's my error but not sure.

So...happy Friday friends! About a week before Thanksgiving...are ya ready? I am! I've said no treats in my life until Thanksgiving day and I can't wait for PIE! Yum! Yum! Yum!

I knew I wanted to make a card for my Mom and really wanted to do something "pie" so here's what I came up with. Oh and speaking of pie...our Die Cut Challenge for this time around at SOUS is...Thanksgiving Table, hence...the pie! LOL! 

I made a shaped card by welding a couple file shapes together from the From My Kitchen cartridge. I used
another file for the photo insert as well. 


I love dry embossing on pattern paper. Easy and great effect! There's some inking, faux stitching and brown shimmer spray (which as always doesn't photograph).


And a simple but sweet little pie! =)


And the photo inside. This way my Mommy can have the photo, put it where ever she wants but also have the card as well, and it leaves plenty of space for me to write. I always write a ton in cards! =) And if you are wondering..."Marco" is the name my Mom was given by one of my nieces as a baby, instead of Grandma. So she's known by all family as Marco! LOL!


Have an incredible weekend friends...hope to get some good blog visiting done this week as I'm visiting with family. Hopefully! While helping to cook Thanksgiving dinner for about 20 people! Fun! See you all soon....

6 comments:

magicwanda said...

Hi Leah this is such a sweet card and what a great idea to add a photo ..Gotta remember that one...
Big Hugs

Sabrina said...

Very cute Leah, I love the papers you used. And putting the picture inside is so sweet. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family.

Shona said...

very cool idea and just so adorable :)

Mo said...

Leah, your card is gorgeous and a great idea with the picture!
Thanks indeed for your nice comment on my blog!
Enjoy Thanksgiving!
Big Hugs,
Mo

Tammy E. said...

I love this. It's so sweet and personal. I know your Mom will love it as well!

Faith Abigail Designs said...

What a cool idea! I've never seen a shaped card like this before. And I love the pull out photo; a mom's favorite gift for sure! Since you're all ready for Thanksgiving, you should come over to my house and help me out; I could definitely use an extra set of hands! :)