Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Place Cards for Thanksgiving


I'm as shocked as the rest of you are but I'm actually posting something that isn't DT related at all! LOL! However, not too far from the DT world because this was indeed inspired by some fabulous DT ladies from Stuck on U Sketches. My friends Faith Abigail and Wanda! It started with Faith's place setting cards for her Thanksgiving table and then the turkey with the leaves from Wanda's card, both DT projects from this post. 

So I started with a kraft cardstock base, paper from Basic Grey and then the top layer a neat light blue and green kraft by My Minds Eye. Embossed with a folder by TH, though I don't recall the name, it certainly reminded me of some text from the pilgrim days. =)

I inked with some different brown shades of Distress Inks. Cut the turkey from Doodlecharms and punched the leaves from a Martha punch. I'll need to add small strips of paper with the names over the embossed shape (something I only thought about after putting these together, duh!)


And here's a few of them....well a few of the 20 I made! LOL! I can't wait to see them on the table! And I guess because of the size of our group that we're going to set Thanksgiving up on one table and then all sit together at another. Cool! Leaves more room for decorating without all the food everywhere and no problems then with the longggg process of "please pass the gravy!" LOL!


So I'll be back friday with my SOUS post but for now....I hope that you all will have an incredible, blessed holiday and know that I feel so lucky, beyond lucky to have made so many lovely and talented friends! I can't imagine my life any differently and I have no idea what life would be like without this hobby. Not just a hobby to me, but a lifeline. And let me tell you, that as much as I enjoy creating...I enjoy your friendships even more!

Happy Thanksgiving from California!

4 comments:

Margie said...

Don't think my first comment posted...
Your cards are beautiful, Leah. Love the embossing. Wishing you and your family a very happy Thanksgiving!

Kristy said...

Love these! ;) Happy turkey day!
craftin-on-my-door.blogspot.com

Cindy said...

Super cute. Wish I had time before tomorrows dinner to do something like this.

Regina Easter said...

oooooo these are super duper cute...