Monday, November 21, 2011

Putting Up The Lights ~The Cutting Cafe~


Putting Up The Lights

Oh I am so tickled with this little project! My son built something different with his lego's today and I asked if he learned that from watching something on youtube. And he had. But I told him not to feel bad, that inspiration comes from all sorts of places! The idea for this tall card also came from youtube. I was watching card video's and then when I came across this sentiment in the awesome set called Christmas Daily 2 from The Cutting Cafe...well at that point it all came together! 


I used the Cricut Craft Room (which again will only print and not cut for me, so another hand cut job, argh!) But I just adore how this turned out! Cuts are from Create a Critter. I used color coordinating Stickles for each light bulb. I also white embossed some stars on the background (another inspiration from watching this card tutorial).


And the very fun sentiment! I love how you can get ideas just from reading a sentiment...like the whole concept for this card. But do check out the Christmas Daily sets because there are a ton, and I mean a ton of things here to work with!


Sweet! Thank you for coming by! The kids and I are spending the week at my Mom's. Starting to get things prepared before Thanksgiving dinner. Doing pies together as a family which is great, plus I really need the advice! LOL! I'm the only one that seemed to miss the baking/cooking genes. My poor kids. Hopefully I'll be visiting you soon...see you soon!

6 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Adorable card. This is what bloggin is all about sharing what we learned and getting inspiration from what every we see and sharing it with others. Thank You!
Hugs

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I need to try to use the Craft room,,, i need to try to just scrap something... this turned out so adorable. My daughter will be coming over to make pies Wednesday, she decided last year she had better learn before i am gone.. lol..hugs my friend

Shona said...

that really is a sweet sentiment and I love that card :)

Nanne said...

oh wow Leah.. Had no idea you were this talented..LOL (kidding of course).. This card is amazing and I love your use of the xmas lights and that sentiment.. Another winner GF..
hugs
Nanné
p.s. Inspiration is wonderful thing..

crayola58 said...

This is so so cute, Leah. Have a happy Thanksgiving.
Hugs
Carole

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

so cute! I love it.