Friday, December 16, 2011

Baking Up Some Sweet Memories With You ~SOUS Die Cut Challenge~


Baking Up Some Sweet Memories With You

WARNING...photo HEAVY! So with that said, I'll try and keep the text to a minimum because I really wanted to share more photos! Today's post is for the newest Die Cut Challenge at Stuck on U Sketches
The newest challenge...

"What are you baking for the holidays?"!

How fun! And I just so happened to have this great set of photos from cookie baking last year! I can't believe how big my little Cody is already...ah! Here's the double layout together.


Mama Daddy, Mama Daddy, Mama Daddy...as Cody would say! LOL!



Ok I am so very excited about my ginger folks! =) My muy talented sister came over and drew the faces for me. She an incredible artist and my greatest wish is to get her and her daughter into crafting with me. But time is tight for the working family. =(

The jar comes from From My Kitchen, I cut the top off and put it a bit open...the Gingerbread Baby obviously a bit surprised from having been caught with his hand in the cookie jar! LOL!


Under the photo of me I have another photo of the cookies we made. Files and mitten are from From My Kitchen as well (all file cuts, these and the mini ones are from that cart). Chip letters from Target's $1 bin and small square letters by Echo Park.


The candy cane hearts, the candy canes (I didn't but you may want to remember to flip one of the candy canes to make this, LOL!). I believe these are from Christmas Cheer. And this poor Gingerbread Girl, well she's a lil' upset cause someone gave her a nibble...ouch!


One more Gingerbread Boy, his awful happy! With his pink painted cheeks (thanks to Worn Lipstick distress ink). Rolling pin from the same kitchen cart as the other cuts.


And the end of the title with the rest of the letters. Also shows the twine I used, a bundle that I got for $1 at Big Lots. All the paper is by DCWV. I believe I may have used sheets from 2 years worth of holiday paper stacks. I also did some inking with Frayed Burlap and Walnut Stain on all the cuts and the paper edges.


Ah, long post! But thanks for sticking with me! This was WAY fun to put together! =) 

12 comments:

Brenda said...

wow love love love this layout!!!and wow the kids are growing sooo fast!
Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas Leah!
hugs
Brenda

Sandi Cl~ said...

Love your page .. and those gingerbread men are exactly what I was hoping for .. adorable! Cute candy cane heart .. love that! Thanks for taking up the challenge!

Nanne said...

Awesome layout Leah and those gingerbread men have the cutest expressions ever..
plus I adore the way you laid out the title.. super Sha-weet!!
Hugs
Nanné

magicwanda said...

Oh Leah I love everything about this and your Sister did a really nice job on the faces.... I didn't think I would ever use that cart but I am rethinking it...lol
Hugs Wanda

**Treefrog** said...

Oh Girlfriend you were so right that I would Love your layout! SO S-W-E-E-T!!!!! I guess great minds think alike, LOL! Love the expressions on your Gingerbread people, yes your Sister is very talented! and what cute photos of the kids! And I had to smile, when McCade was little (well he's still young, only 11yrs, lol) but he used to always put the candy canes together to look like hearts and he thought it was the neatest thing and would always giggle and say, "look Mommy, here's my heart for you"! Okay now I'm all misty eyed, sigh, they grow up way to fast!
((Hugs)) and Merry Christmas my Friend!
Theresa

Ira said...

Oh wow, this looks FUN! Love your fantastic LO and those wonderful pictures, you have just got the finest gingerbread man ever! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, Happy Holidays to you and your beloved ones, too! Sending smiles from the Netherlands, Ira

jessica said...

What an adorable LO Leah!! Love all those gingerbreads :)
TFS

annette said...

this is a fantastic double Leah .. the ginger faces are super cute hugz X:)

Rechelle said...

What a precious layout! Love the gingerbread men!

Rechelle

Tammy E. said...

Wow, wow, wow! I love this! Love the candy cane hearts -- my fav! I sure hate I missed this challenge!

Stine Ursin said...

You are all so cute in these photos!! Love the layout. Your gingerbread men turned out great!!

Faith Abigail Designs said...

This is so cute! I love the surprised face and your paper choices are just perfect. Hope you had a wonderful holiday!