Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas Has Arrived ~The Cutting Cafe~


Christmas Has Arrived

Hi friends! I'm excited about my project today for the DT post at The Cutting Cafe! We used the awesome file for pockets! Pockets are kinda all the rage, now aren't they? Use them as envies' as I did here or for a mini album, journaling pocket on a scrap page, a thin goody even?...the ideas are simply limitless! 

I cut my pocket onto a navy card stock and then added some matting with kraft and this lovely blue print. 


The sentiment comes from Christmas Daily 2, I cut and sized them to fit the project. The large snowflake is a Sizzix die. I bought some random stack of random pieces of paper a long, long time ago and there were a few treasures amongst the pieces and this shimmery dark blue is beyond gorgeous!


This is the inside square card, the also hold's my in-laws Christmas gift card. Since that's all they ever want for Christmas. LOL! Some people really just like to eat out! LOL! So anyways...all the edges have been inked in a white ink. These small snowflakes plus the stars are from a Cuttlebug die. I can't believe how tiny that smallest star is! I bought a new border punch on black friday and its a Fiskars punch, tick marks like a sewing machine (kinda). Well I tried it here but it wouldn't punch because of the paper thickness and so it ended up kinda random...but hey, the distressed look is all the rage and I went with it! Ha!


I managed to make this all while still chatting away online with my wonderful crafty friend, Nanne! =)

I'm so glad you came by...it's a busy time of year and it's hard to keep up with the many, many posts our friends are making, but I thank you for sneaking on by...

See you soon! This is a full week of posts! ~Leah

2 comments:

Regina Easter said...

this turned out PURE GORGEOUS....love it love it love it

Esther said...

Just beautiful!!!!