Friday, December 23, 2011

Emma and Grant ~SOUS December 23~

I want to start with a Happy ALMOST Christmas!
The big night is almost here and I hope that you all have a blessed holiday!
I hope that you made time this year to experience the magic that flows
in abundance this time of year and that you've enjoyed all that comes with it!
As much as I am happy for this day, I dread having to wait another year
for Christmas! Why can't it be a 2 or 3 month long holiday? (too much, you say?) 

So Happiest of All Holiday's to you and your families!
I know that this time of year is still amazing but that their are
still some struggling so do know that many of you are in
my daily prayers!

Love ya!
(and now onto my post...hehe)


Emma and Grant

If you all can believe it...I've done my very first heritage page! What a gratifying experience! I can't wait to dig in and find more photos from my Mom! =)

Well today we have a stunning sketch made by my wonderful friend, Sandi! I had wanted to do something special and took it in a different route from what I had first thought...


The insanely cool paper is Bo Bunny Et Cetera line. Neato and perfect for this! Just added some more blue and brown inking, a bit of black and the paper became magic! These handsome folks are my Great Grandparents. Emma Gephardt and Grant Snair. I actually had worn her wedding ring for years after I (ahem) outgrew my cheapo wedding ring (replaced only this year with something real, LOL, but getting off topic...)

So this corner is to replicate the circle in the sketch, but instead with my groupings of embellies. The circle Dream is Glitz as is the rub ons. The tag is My Minds Eye and a few other goodies.


The border here is pretty special. This piece of lace is actually something FROM their home. Not sure if it is something that she made herself but it was theirs. How special is that! I've kept the piece in tack and its only folded in half and pulled up and then down from the bottom half of the page. I've used a EK Success plaid punch in blue, corrugated white cardboard, faux leather and lace are both from the Et Cetera line. (Another rub on in that corner as well).


The flower and metal pieces also from this Bo Bunny line. The heart pin came from Emma's home as well, I like to imagine its something she wore and treasured. =) The little frame piece is something I put together with letter stickers.

I've got to say that this is a page I wish you could see in person. I just don't think the photographing does it justice. But I guess they are all just better in person! So...who's coming over? LMBO! 

Thanks for coming by today!

8 comments:

annette said...

I love heritage pages & yours is beautiful Leah, how precious to have this photo & thankyou for sharing some of their story... I wish you & yours a truly blessed Christmas, may it be filled with love & laughter... Ness sends her love lotz of hugz X:)

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh how beautiful Leah, but all of yor creations are amazing... And I wish u a very Merry Christmas my friend
Hugs
Sandy from ukiah

Sandi Cl~ said...

Me me me! Headed to the airport right now .. lol .. love that you dove in to heritage and wow .. did a great job at that! Am taking just a seond here and there today between chores to visit my buds and applaud their efforts. Love that you used some of their momentos .. how cool! Okay .. off to do some more baking!

Stine Ursin said...

Love your page Leah!! I love how u used the piece of lace. I love such treasures. Hope you and your family will have a wonderful christmas! My house is ready and everything is wrapped, and there are morning presents from santa waiting for the kids! All done :) give the kids kisses from us!!

Andrea Amu said...

Well, Leah... this is just super gorgeous and I still can't believe you haven't made any heritage pages before now?! Whoa... I believe you'll be doing a ton more now! All the details you've used are just perfect. I love the embellie clustering and that EK plaid punch is one of my favorites... always adds a cool finish to almost anything!

Thanks again for your warmest comments on me joining the SOUS dt! I'm really enjoying all the sketch inspiration!

Andrea Amu said...

Almost forgot...

Merry Christmas to you and yours! Enjoy the blessings of the season!

Shona said...

this is just gorgeous and the colors are perfect for a heritage layout. I wish you a very Merry Christmas :)

Maureen Reiss said...

This is Gorgeous Leah!! Merry Christmas to you and your family!