Thursday, December 1, 2011

Snowballs ~ABC Challenges E for Embossing~


Snowballs

What a busy posting week! Today is the new challenge for ABC Challenges and tomorrow SOUS. Whoa!
Today's challenge at ABC...let's see...we are at "E" and lucky me got to be the text writer for this challenge and I'm very happy since this is something right up my alley...E for Embossing! Yay!

I had a really good time putting this project together and doing different embossing techniques, both wet and dry. I used a real mix of paper. The main kraft by My Minds Eye. Text prints by Bo Bunny. The whites by Basic Grey. 


The mason jar, handle, snowman, shape and sentiment are all by Papertrey Ink. Fiber from Bo Bunny and a Prima bloom folded in half. I white embossed the snowflakes and snowballs on the stamp using a embossing pen. The scarf I used a glitter pen and added red Stickles to the berries on his hat.


I embossed this with the snowflakes folder by Cuttlebug. Then as a small extra touch, I went over each raised snowflake with an embossing pen then added clear powder over them. So they are raised and also shiny! These snowflake eyelets were added with Glossy Accents but not smashed down, so they are raised, the brad adhered with a glue dot with the prongs cut off.


Ok! Whew! I think I covered it! I was happy to give this card to a new crafter friend. Giving something to someone who you know will totally appreciate it is pretty exciting! I hope you'll do some embossing soon and link it up at ABC so the rest of us can see it! See you tomorrow with another card! =)

5 comments:

Stine Ursin said...

Love the card Leah. You are so right. Embossing is SO YOU LOL :)

This also reminds me that I hvae not really made a snowman card this year. I love snow men, so I usually do. Another thing to do before christmas...

Maureen Reiss said...

This is super cute Leah!!! Love the snowman in a jar!!

Staying Crafty said...

This is super duper cute!

Bunnyfreak said...

Adorable card.

Margie said...

BEAUTIFUL! Love all your mixed paper and the great little details!