Friday, December 2, 2011

Tree ~SOUS December 2 Die Cut Challenge O' Christmas Tree~


Tree

Hiya friends! Well this very morning I am on my way to Yosemite. The weather has gone back and forth with saying snow and no snow...so we will have to see! But either way, my husband and I are celebrating (a week early) our 9th wedding anniversary! And what is just as exciting as this is the first anniversary we have actually celebrating since, our 1st anniversary! LOL! Only 8 years! And it's actually been more then 2 1/2 years since we've had more then an evening alone. So it's a big deal all around! I hope for some peace and romance...and in such a magical setting, I am sure to have both!

Ok, whoa...enough about me! LOL! How about our Die Cut Challenge for this time around at Stuck on U Sketches...

O' Christmas Tree

I am so super exciting about this card. LOL! Sounds silly but it's really neat in person and I'm excited to make another one, or even, make some for a layout. I do not have specific sizes for this, but I'd be willing to share if someone requests them. I started with a Christmas tree die cut (as a base) and sized it to fill most of the card, minus sides for matting. And then took a heart (I believe this one is from Sweethearts) and sized it against the tree (to see if it was small/large enough) I then made more just a few sizes smaller. Very easy!

I cut these in a couple shades of green. Once those were done I did some stamping. The edges were done with a snow writer. I do not have the product name because I actually borrowed it during my scrap retreat last month. Comes out white and dries to a clear glitter. Which I wish would stay white. Anyone know of such a project? Puffy white? Puff paint maybe? I added some red berries! =) And pulled up the edges of the flipped hearts.

This easel card is pretty weighted because of the matting and the chipboard but I love this style of card. Simple but so interesting and different! Great to give! I matted in a navy and white from Basic Grey, so the papers a little more textured in appearance then basic solid card stock. I covered some chipboard myself, added a rub on greetings and very small snowflake eyelets. 


Well ladies...I'll be visiting with you soon! Wish me luck on my time away with my hubby and more importantly...with my MIL staying with my kids for the FIRST time ever! Cody has never stayed a night away from both parents before so..LOL! And my 7 year old is in a talking back faze so...we really ought to wish her luck! =)  Oh, wait one more kid...my daughter...let's just say she'll keep Grandma on her toes (as she's sneaking something out of the freeze right this minute!) LOL!

~Leah

7 comments:

Margie said...

Hello my dear! Just popping in for a quick smooch and see what you've been up to. Love, love, love the heart tree! Speaking of trees, I need to get my Xmas tree up!

Margie said...

Have a fabulous time away with the hubby!

Maureen Reiss said...

Your heart tree is adorable!! Love this card!!

Tammy E. said...

How creative and cute! Makes me want to try one of these cards. I love it.

Enjoy your time away!

Scossie Jane said...

Awesome tree Leah, loving the hearts - brilliant idea... Have a great time away with hubby.... Hugs x

annette said...

Just love your hert tree Leah.... hve a super time away .. hugz X:)

**Treefrog** said...

Oh Leah, so Cute! The close ups really show the hearts! I wasn't sure how you did this at first till I clicked on your blog, what a great idea! It would be a great craft for McCade to help me with to make cards for his teachers! Love the touch of "snow" you added, puffy paint would be cute too and Love the berries!
Yosemite is a gorgeous place and I'm sure you and Hubby had an Amazing Time!
((Hugs)) Theresa