Sunday, January 15, 2012

Berry Sweet Birthday ~ABC Challenges H for Happy Birthday~


Berry Sweet Birthday

Happy Sunday all! Looks like we are about to or have hit 30 days without any rain here! I live in a little valley so we have some low hills all around and normally we are just gorgeous and green...no green (maybe that's why I added some to my card? LOL). So we've continued with well into the 60's days and cold mornings...but hopefully we'll see some drops this week! But today, another beauty...

Oh and speaking of beauty, LOL, I have a happy lil' card to share today for the ABC Challenges post. And we are at H for Happy Birthday! So I created this card with lots and lots of stamping and plan on giving this to my sister come her birthday next month. 


I've created this little card using Papertrey Ink's Button Boutique. The green border (which I cut out the inside and added vellum so you didn't totally loose sight of the stamped background. Then stamped the Fancy Button in a lighter green and added that. The banner is from Banner Builder and the sentiment from Tiny Treats Birthday.


Here is where the most work went into. The stamped background using PTI Distressed Stripes, that took the most amount of time I think. And then the strawberry stamping, the berry is from Tiny Treats Birthday and both flowers small stamps from my stamping stash. I've also inked all edges with some Vintage Photo distress ink.

One more photo to show some of the layered accents and dimension to the card.


So what do you think? I hope you like it and I hope my sister will as well...
Can't wait to see the other birthday themed projects that everyone shares...sure to be a lot and a lot of hopping for me, so I'll be by soon! LOL!
Have a great week friends....

~Leah

6 comments:

Distressed Miss said...

Such a pretty card Leah, really springlike, gorgeous colours and layout.
Big Hugs
Clare
xx

jessica said...

Beautiful card Leah!! Love the colors, pattern paper and all the beautiful embellishments!
TFS

Patty Sue 2 said...

I love your fun colors....maybe it is spring colors with the green! LOL...we have no moisture either!:(
The buttons add such a whimsical touch!

Meg Giroux said...

What a beautiful card! I love the colors and buttons!

CraftyGirl said...

Wow! Look at your creative juices flowing!! I can't believe you made your papers by stamping! Pretty impressive!! I am sure your sister will adore the card!

barb :)

Nanne said...

I would never have known all that was done by stamping till I read your post..LOL amazing card Leah!!
Hugs
Nanné