Sunday, January 1, 2012

Go Green at ABC Challenges


Happy 1st of January 2012! Oh man is that going to take me some getting used to! 2012! Wow! I still think I'm in the 90's, Ha! Well to start off the New Year at ABC Challenges and we're at G, how about something we should all think about....G for GO GREEN! I think that alone would be a wonderful resolution for the New Year! 

So for my green project I happened to save the packaging from some of the toys my kids got for Xmas. What I noticed new to this year was instead of so much hard plastic tie downs, many packages had this white (probably plastic) rope like stuff. Much easier to cut through then the ones before. 

What is nice about the cardboard in the toy packaging is that it is on the thinner side, which made it fit perfectly in my Cuttlebug and cut wonderfully using my TH die. I very carefully pulled off one layer to show the texture inside.


I did some stamping and reusing of scraps. This was also my first time using the Perfect Pearls mist, usually I make my own but apparently I don't add enough powder because I was amazed at how gorgeous the shine is! I generous sprayed my cardboard flowers and then as not to waste that spray...picked up what was left over onto the blue background paper.


You can see some of that here. I really can't believe how beautiful it turned out and how strong the shine was. Really looks like real gold on that blue paper! =)


I look forward to coming and visiting the blog's to see what all you reuse or repurpose when you play in our challenge! Will be great ideas, I'm sure!

So....Happy New Year to all my friends! Love ya!

1 comment:

Patty Sue 2 said...

Great job going green! Gee...I am still in the 60's!