Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I Do ~The Cutting Cafe~

WARNING...HUSBAND DO NOT READ


I Do

Ok so Valentines Day is around the corner right, yep, and that sweet little holiday is super easy with all the files offered at The Cutting Cafe. You can find lots and lots of ideas here. I decided after seeing some of Regina's files to make something for a surprise wedding album (hence the warning to my husband but really, if he's going to be snoopy then he'll just ruin it for himself in the end.) 

The Cafe file used are these awesome Heart Pockets. Sweet ideas as well for these but my idea was to add this to a layout. 

Using a photo editing software I added the sentiment from another file (and after the last 20 something minutes trying to figure out where that came from, I gave up, argh!) I cut with a small Xacto knife the heart and then embossed acetate and added that inside the envelope. The plan is to put mine and my husband's vow's in that pocket.


This beautiful I Do is a cut from Sweethearts. I stamped a flourish stamp and then heat embossed with a silver powder. 

And the same technique to this ring cut (same cart) and then added Stickles for the diamond.


And lastly, a lil' close up of the Newlyweds! And a bit of fun facts...I was already married! About 6 months before our wedding we went to Las Vegas and got married at The Little White Wedding Chapel. So I had a crazy run-away wedding and then something still traditional! =)


Thanks for visiting and hopefully see you guys soon! ~Leah

13 comments:

The Cropping Canuck said...

Sooooo pretty! I love it!

jessica said...

WOW!! Leah this is fabulous!! What a beautiful picture of you guys and I LOVE what you did with Regina's files!! Your husband will LOVE this :)
Such an over the top awesome job!
TFS

Amanda said...

OMG Leah, your layout is absolutely stunning!! I feel like it's been forever since I've stopped by your blog.. I hope you and your kiddos are doing well..

Scrappy hugs,
Amanda :0)

Regina Easter said...

omg omg omg, you two are GORGEOUS....this is a GORGEOUS ....layout....hugs

Nanne said...

Aaaaaw, what a sweet layout and check out the two of you.. You guys are like the perfect pair.. amazing details as always Leah, I love it..
hugs
Nanné

Shona said...

this is just so beautiful and very elegant love it!

**Treefrog** said...

So Gorgeous Leah! Your Husband is going to Love it! I had to giggle about running away to get married and then having a traditional wedding later. I did that the first time in Vegas too at the Little Chapel of the West (but then got divorced, long story there, lol) Then got married the second time in Vegas again at the Marriage Commissioner, and still married this time, lol! Hope we get to see more of the pics as you go!
((Hugs)) Theresa

CraftyGirl said...

Wow!! You make a stunning bride! Your wedding photo is fabulous!! (I am cracking up that you eloped and then had a traditional wedding! That is so cool!) I LOVE the LO... so many details!! Your hubby will treasure this!!

Barb :)

Maureen Reiss said...

OMG!!! This is Gorgeous!! You look sooo beautiful!!

Paulax0x0 said...

The page is GORGEOUS as well as the pic of the couple! I'm sure he will LOVE it!

LEEANN said...

Very elegant layout. I love it.

Carolyn Wolff said...

You layout is so pretty. You worked really hard on that envelope and it sure payed off.

Cathy Weber said...

I just love this Leah! I am making a scrapbook for my son and future daughter in law and this is such a great page. When you referred to Sweethearts, is that a cut file from Cutting Cafe? I just love the ring, hope it is something from CCafe too. Cathy Weber CWeber2002@aol.com