Friday, January 27, 2012

Merry Christmas Snowman ~SOUS Die Cut Challenge Snowman~

Merry Christmas Snowman

Good morning friends! Hope you all have been doing really well! Things are still crazy, crazy at my house..so much so that this is another late post! Ah!

Today at Stuck on U Sketches we've got a good wintery challenge of using a snowman! And really, there are so many die cut options out there that I'm sure you all will find some great snowmen to use! 

I've done some different colors here and used all Bazzill card stock (minus some of the pinks on the snowman were from my scrap bin). That sweet snowman is from Winter Frolic. I gave him a smile and pink painted cheeks! 


Here you can really see the embossing accented with some white inking around the edges. I used my new Sizzix holiday dies from this past Xmas.


My little sentiment flag I made, heat embossed the sentiment (love those little hearts in there! so cute!)


Short and sweet today! There's still so much going on at my house that I still feel like I can't even stop on the computer for long. My kitchen is back together but there's still an entire house that needs cleaning up, not to mention my laundry room needs to be reorganized after holding so much kitchen stuff...laundry luckily is done. Tomorrow...tiling! 

With all that said, please forgive how much I've been missing lately! I know I'm late on commenting for DT stuff and late on posts...late late late. But I know that doesn't happen very much for me, so I hope I'm forgiven!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Talk soon! ~Leah

11 comments:

Rechelle said...

The embossing on this card is the perfect touch! The snowman is so adorable!

Rechelle

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Great little card. Love the embossing. TFS

magicwanda said...

Hello Ms Leah... I love this.
Love all the embossing the cuts and the colors...I love snowmen so this was a great challenge!funny love snowmen hate winter hahaha
Hugs Wanda

**Treefrog** said...

Love your little snowman and all that embossing, gorgeous! I've been getting caught up on your blog and How Fun getting a new kitchen! Lots of work Huh! (Now you know what I've been going through, lol!) Hard to craft and clean and post, I can SOOO relate!!! It's lookin pretty darn good tho, can't wait to see it all done! I would love to get granite counters (I had them in my last house, your going to LOVE them!) It's always a snowball effect and you wind up doing more and more but then it'll be nice when it's all done, hang in there, it's worth it when it's all done and if you guys are doing it yourself it's so much better! =]
((Hugs)) and chat with you soon!
Theresa

Sandi Cl~ said...

Adorable snowman, Leah .. and I lvoe the embossing! I am so glad that it is you not mer doing the remodeling. But you will get the sweet reward and not me LOL I will be happy to just get new carpet put in and that is a major headache!

Cindy said...

Hi Leah,your card is ADORABLE!SUPER job girl,I LOVE the sweet little snowman,TOO CUTE!Have a great weekend!:)

Tammy E. said...

Oh Leah. This is so cute. I love his peek a boo face. And the embossing looks great! And your kitchen, wow! What a transformation. Looking great. We are going to be replacing our floors and countertops soon. You have inspired me to take pictures and post them. I am hopeful to get it done this spring.

annette said...

I just love your 'cute as' snowman Leah.... wow!!! kitchen in!!!! how excellent for you .... my DH & I did our renos many years back .. I can so relate to what you are doing .. hang in there my friend ... it'll be worth it ... hugz X:)

Stine Ursin said...

So cute!! Love his rosy cheeks and how he hides his eyes <3 Hope you are happy with your new kitchen:)

4kids4 said...

Such pretty colors on your card! Is this one going into next year's Christmas card stash?? :-) Great snowman...very cute with the hat pulled down over the eyes!! TFS! And thank you for the kind comments on my blog!

~Sharon C.

P.S. I've enjoyed hearing about your kitchen renovation. We're starting the process now...wish me luck! ;-)

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

This is adorable!!!!!! Love her expression!