Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My Kitchen Is Being Remodeled!

Oh ladies...I have some amazing news! I get to redo my kitchen! Yay-Woo-Hoo!

My hubby has teased me twice since we've lived here saying that maybe we could...I had even bought a faucet. LOL! And then it never made financial sense for us to do it. So there it sat!

Now I'll admit, we won't win any awards for the worse kitchen in America, but it's pretty sad. Photographed it actually doesn't look so bad, but the refaced cabinets are coming off in places. The cabinets are starting to get really worn, the finish coming off. The tile is cracked in places and it's that sad sad beige...good grief, I can't tell you how much NOT a beige person I am! LOL!

Our appliances are pretty new so those are good to go!

So what to expect....all new cabinets, floors (from entryway to dining, into the kitchen) instead of broken up into 3 parts, granite counters, new sink, faucet. And eventually some other details like lighting and replacing the door that leads into the garage, laundry and my crafty space. But for now, the BIG things will be done!

Here are some before photos...






These are all iPhone photos...not too bad! I tried to get my Cody to smile but he won't give up the thumb or the hair....no surprise there!

So like this isn't enough going on...the kids are sick so they've been home while I had the chore of emptying my kitchen by myself. Now? Well now the 4 of us are shut up in my bedroom. I've set up a kitchen in my bathroom, we're chilling in bed watching TV, playing Go Fish, reading and being together. It's kinda nice (she says on day 1) but this is "supposed" to be finished by Saturday...we'll see!

I'll be back to share some demo and rebuild pix! I know when this is over that I am so going to cry...I just know it! That silly girl on the home show with tears..."Oh, I can't believe it!", however, I actually picked everything. LOL! But still, I can't believe we're actually doing this and I feel blessed beyond words! God's been SO good to me that I am speechless (and now there's a serious shock itself, me, speechless?)....let's think on that... =0)

Be back soon....

6 comments:

Regina Easter said...

HOW EXCITING...i couldn't help giggle at the little one...precious...hum kitchen looks good to me...but can't wait to see the remodel...lucky girl you...hugs

Brandi said...

I am soooo excited for you, can't wait to see it in person!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Heehee! Not a bad looking kitchen .. but granite .. and new tile .. I am green with envy! Seriously, I am sooooo happy for you!! Shall I mail you some earplugs??

Carole Beath said...

Exciting exciting news. It is so much fun to have new household delights. I just had my kitchen cabinets refaced after 26 years, Saltillo tile on my back patio, ...I am lovin' it. Can't wait to see what you have when finished.
Carole

Stephanie said...

How exciting Leah! I bet you are so anxious to have it all done. I can't wait to see photos of when it is done.

Debbie said...

Lucky you!!!!! Can't wait to see the "after" pictures!