Friday, January 6, 2012

U and You ~SOUS January 6 sketch~


U and You

Hello friends! We're at our first weekend of the new year and I hope you all had a GREAT first week! I'm sure just getting settled back into routines with most of the kiddo's back to school. I'm glad to say that mine are back as well...what a long holiday! Ha! =)

So today is a sketch reveal day at SOUS and we've got one for ya by my friend, Nanne. Love this!


And here is my page! I pulled a few older photos of my daughter and my Daddy! Too cute! The left photo is of Jordyn at 6 months and I swear she looks just like a little dolly, so doesn't look real to me! =) And the fresh out of the bath picture is maybe 2 or 3, not sure. But makes me smile because I have memories of my Daddy combing my hair out of the bath and so that's what I think of...


I've used a collection of paper by Autumn Leaves. And the rest is a major pull from my stash. Here some Echo Park stickers, Smash tag, My Minds Eye label, some embossed kraft card stock.


Here shows some of the pull tags out, and more layered pieces. I've also done inking in Frayed Burlap and Victorian Velvet Distress Ink. I like the mix of brown and pink.


A close up of that photo....ahhhh!


And the chipboard that I covered with some Echo Park paper...that was some work but worth it in the end. I've sanded and also inked the leaves. Oh, forgot I added a few pieces of stamping from Papertrey Ink and Basic Grey labels as well.


Now embellishments is something that I don't think I have a ton of. And what I have is random to say the least...so this really was interesting to put this together. It always is when I do something this style. =)
I hope you'll go by SOUS, if you haven't already...can't wait to visit the DT blogs as well!

Happy 1st Week of 2012!

11 comments:

LISA said...

Leah your LO is beautiful and oh so sweet!! The pictures are just darling and she really does look like a doll baby!! Love all of the pull out tags and you did a beautiful job covering that leafy chip board!! Your dimensional layering just makes everything pop off the page and I love the look!! Thank You for having me Guest Design for this challenge, I really enjoyed working with the sketch!!

Shona said...

good morning sweetie..this is just beautiful! Love what you did with the sketch!

Bellaidea said...

Hi Leah!
Thank you so much for sweet comments and nice welcome!
I will follow you now.
I can not wait what you will create for next sketch:)
Best regards
Agnieszka/Bellaidea

Maureen Reiss said...

Super sweet LO!!! Love all your embellies!!

Stine Ursin said...

So precious Leah! Sure that is not a doll?? LOL love the natural colors u have used, and the chipboard turned out great! Lots of love (and no chickenpox) sent your way!!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Hi, sweetpea! Love this page to pieces! Those photos are adorable .. what a baby doll for sure! Wowzers .. look how you covered that leaf chipboard .. makes me tired just thinking about it .. heehee! Hope you have an awesome weekend and do something really fun! XXOO

annette said...

what aabsolutely precious photos & sentiments .. made me a bit teary .... love all your bits & pieces plus your layering.. so much to look at .. hugz to you my freind X:)

isay said...

Hi Leah! love, love your LO. great layering and super sweet photo. thanks for your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by my blog. have a wonderful weekend :D

Nanne said...

Oh my!! That is adorable and you will cherish those photos more than you will every believe one day in the far, far future.. love the little journaling you did,that was funny..
hugs
Nanné

Distressed Miss said...

Wow Leah, such a fabulous layout. I love all the details on your page.
Big Hugs
Clare
xx

Lynn Shaffer said...

Oh I like it!!! maybe one day this Shaffer will catch up to you! Great work! Thank you for stopping by my blog :) You made my day with your post!