Friday, January 13, 2012

Winter Fun ~SOUS Die Cut Challenge Winter Fun~


Winter Fun

Hiya friends! Today is a fabulous day with a new Die Cut Challenge at Stuck on U Sketches and along with that we've got a great new sponsor as well for the month of January....Whimsical Designs! Each time you join any of our challenges this month, your name goes in the pot for the ENTIRE sentiment line of stamps! Awesome and a HUGE candy! Thanks Whimsical Designs

Wait! What the heck is the Die Cut Challenge?????

How about some....Winter Fun!!!!! Show us some great titles, activities...all those cold day things to do!!!!

And my project...I know color wise this is more "Fall" then Winter but with the leaves that fall from our front yard tree each year...I thought this was really neat!

I'll start with the background paper which is a DCWV stack called Tattered Time. Really cool and something more or less like a Tim Holtz design. It didn't photograph but the design is gloss, so it adds a lot of texture to the background.


My title comes from Winter Woodland which is super full of great Wintery and holiday titles. Love that, and each have some type of image or detail added into it, like this flourish. I've stamped and inked the separate letters, masked and sprayed some parts with Perfect Pearl mist and inked other parts. I still wish this cuts and more separate pieces but still cool.


Winter Woodland also had these huge decorative pieces. This flourish was stretched to fit across my entire cutting mat and cut in full pieces, but then trimmed to fit my page. The flourish and then the shadow's I thought fit a little strange together but its still something...

The leaves were cut from Mothers Day Bouquet cart and cut in a variation of green printed papers from my stash, and inked with brown and green Distress Inks. I also fit in a few MS punch leaves as well. I covered and sprayed different spots of these with gold and white Perfect Pearls for a finishing touch...well, that and added orange brown gems as berries.


And lastly, my easy journaling added with a Tiny Attacher. And a lil' close up of my lil' man....


Thank you SO much for visiting and let me give a public W O W to my fellow DT sisters for the INCREDIBLE projects posted this week! You are the best!
And another thanks to Stephanie for the candy...can't wait to see who the lucky winner is! Hugs!!!!

9 comments:

Stine Ursin said...

loving this Leah! Love all the layers at the bottom, and the colors are lovely. Love the "shinyness", I am guessing that is the perfect pearls.

annette said...

excellent Leah.. love your techniques & meeting your delightful family ... luv'n'hugz X:)

Lynn Shaffer said...

So many layers, and love the title! Great job my fellow Schaeffer!

Nanne said...

Oh my word leah... I absolutely love love love all of your leaves, with all the amazing detail you added to them, plus those berry's, how cute is that..
This is a definite master piece.. I adore it..
hugs
Me :)

CraftyGirl said...

This is darling Leah!! I love your creative title and the way you did your journaling! It looks like the kids are having a great time!

barb :)

Sandi Cl~ said...

Hi, sweetie! Love how you did your title .. and the leaves are so pretty .. lots of cute photos too! This week's challenge really brought out the best in everyone!

Tammy E. said...

How cool. It doesn't snow everyday in winter, and you can still have fun! How pretty and how fun! Love it.

Stephanie said...

Gorgeous LO Leah. I like that you used non-traditional winter colors. What a great title too. I can't wait to play along. Thanks for allowing me to sponsor your challenges this month:)

**Treefrog** said...

Oh Leah what a fun challenge this week (heck they're all fun challenges!) This is so pretty and with you living in Calif. you probably don't get to many bad Winter Days! Heck we haven't really even had much of a winter here, only a few days of snow so far (not that I'm complaining, I'm not a big fan of snow if I have to go out in it, and God help us if I have to drive in it, lol!) I like staying home and crafting or just watching old movies when it's snowing, lol!

Boy that sure is a great sponsor, I wouldn't mind winning a set of those, (do you think she'll know I'm on the Design Team, LOL)!?
((Hugs)) Theresa