Saturday, February 25, 2012

Colored Embossed Dots ~Scrapbook Kits~


Colored Embossed Dots

 Well today is a sad day for me...this is my last post as a Design Team member for Scrapbook Kits. I've been with them for awhile now and have so enjoyed my time! It's been a treat to get to know the original owner, Ness and now the new and way cool owner, Jules! Oh my gosh, what a treat she is! So thank you so much for having me and allowing me to design with the great Aussie kits! 

 So this is my last post over at the store blog and I've got a little tute to share (here of course and posting there as well). One of my favorite things always is dry embossing and of course, Swiss Dots. You can't go without it! Well I wanted to show some options for adding some color.

 Each card you'll see today has been made with the Cricut Imagine (I finally created something again with it, LOL!) 

 So this first card, the background was embossed with white core paper and the embossed dots sanded. I've then randomly filled some dots but not all, with color. Its a great way to add more color but also pull colors from the rest of the project. Cake cut comes from the Yummy cartridge. 


This card, images come from Imagine More Cards. I've started with a cream card base, embossed with a Sizzix branch folder. Each background shape layer has been embossed. The first layer, embossed and sanded was left as is (I couldn't go coloring it because the white dots looked too good on the brown!).


The second shape embossed as well. But with the coloring, I only added color back to the sanded dots in the cream center. I chose the same blue shade as the outside and really ended up liking the look! I also had a good time playing around with white and brown paint daubers (first time using them!)


 My last little card, something different yet again with no distressing of the embossed dots but simply coloring. I really adore the soft shades on the kraft...I am SO doing that again! Colors and prints come from  Nursery Tails (shape from Once Upon a Princess and eggs from Doodlecharms, grass from Plantin Schoolbook.)

 And a bit of a close up of the colored dots...prettiness!


Ok, certainly a long enough post! Right?
So thanks for visiting and hope to see this technique other on your blogs as well! And again, another thanks to Jules and the Scrapbook Kits DT! Will miss ya ladies! 

3 comments:

annette said...

Always a sad day for us on Scrapbook Kits to say goodbye to a talented DT member, may I take this time to thank you for your encouragement & participation whilst on the team .. I wish you great success in your future ventures .. cheers & hugz X:)

annette said...

OOOH.. sorry.. BTW love your projects & tutorial fantastic cards & I love that little birdie .. hugz X:)

Sandi Cl~ said...

Great job on these cards, Leah .. I love embossing on cards but don't think of it as often as I should. The kraft with colors look way cool ... and I don't normally like kraft for me. Hugs!