Friday, February 3, 2012

Family Gathering


Family Gathering

Hi guys! I'm hosting this month at SOUS and I've created a double layout sketch to use. Something you can super fill with photos, or not. =) You'll find that sketch over at the challenge blog. I know sometimes you have taken a ton of photos at an event and really want to use them all, that was kinda the inspiration for this sketch. 

 These family pictures are from 2010 in Half Moon Bay, Ca. At our semi-annual (which means we go sometimes, hence semi..meaning sometimes, LOL) beach birthday trip. My son Scotti's birthday is in August and we love having this weekend getaway to end our Summer the right way!



Its hard to see but all the photo edges were inked with black distress ink. I didn't want to waste paper to mat so many photos but the inking helped them stand out better agains't the background.

The base printed paper and the kraft circle in the bottom left corner are Basic Grey Basics.



Black paper is from my stash and all the other papers, top punched pieces, floral prints and most of sticker embellishments are Echo Park For the Record.



Journaling prompt is from the Smash collection by K&Company, red label and button by BG.




Tab is BG and for the life of me I can not recall the collection. Argh. Buttons, brads are either BG or K&Company or randomness from my stash.



Circle spot and label are stamped.



I was inspired by Nichol Magouirk, love watching her video's on Youtube. So I tried, not easily to do printed journaling text but had to split it to read across the double layout. LOL! I did a good amount of layering here as you can see with the black strips, and the top of the page.




Wow, a bit photo heavy. My apologies but I wanted to share all the details! =) Thanks for coming by!

9 comments:

Scossie Jane said...

Great double layout Leah, so many details and what a showcase for lots of photo's - love the inked edges of the photo's to make them pop.... Hugs x

jessica said...

Amazing LO Leah!!! Love all the photo's!!
TFS :)

Shona said...

Hi Leah...this is so much fun...love the collage of photos...beautiful!

Fern said...

Way to use up your photos, Leah!! The sketch was so fun to work with and you did a fabulous job with it!! Have a great weekend!!! Hugs!!

Cindy said...

Hi Leah,Your layout is sooo AWESOME!BEAUTIFUL job with it and great photos!Have a great weekend!:)

Sandi Cl~ said...

Great project, leah! I need to get after my Christmas pix and do something like this to get them done! Loved your sketch .. have a happy weekend!

annette said...

fabulous double Leah, love all your photos it looks such fun ... thanks for a great sketch enabling us to stretch beyond the norm .. hugz X:)

Anita Scroggins said...

Hi Leah, Yes I do tend to take lots of photos!! Thanks for a sketch to use them all on! Thanks for stopping by my blog - have a great week!

Cindy said...

Hi Leah,No I have not got your email,Sorry!!!:( cindyjbeland@gmail.com