Friday, February 17, 2012

Ghoulish Grin ~SOUS sketch reveal~

Ghoulish Grin

This is my last original sketch for this month and another one for Stuck on U Sketches. For whatever reason I really liked this sketch. I think its got some great possibilities and I'm so thrilled with the pages that my gorgeous friends made with this sketch, so you got to go over to SOUS and check them out! 


And I've got to tell you guys that this page was really a blast to make! Sometimes a page just drags and you can't wait to finish and some are just fun at each detail and that's the way it was with this one!

I have these hilarious photos of Scotti, maybe around the age of 5, wearing his grill! LOL! Or Halloween teeth for you that aren't as gangster as he. Now I really do have myself laughing! Ha!

I started with Basic Grey paper, these are basic distressed solids. When I brought this border punch home I thought immediatly of how great it could be for Halloween...or more directly that those circles would be great to put eyeballs in. I also had been wanting to do a monster page and after going through the Mini Monsters cartridge I decided I would do stamping instead. Stamps are by Recollections.



Speaking of stamping. I knew I wanted to get the most out of my stamps, I also wanted to conserve this blackish paper and knew that cutting a window in the paper..I could do both. Using Antique Linen distress ink I stamped one of the monsters as a background print. The monster shown here, I had a hard time cutting the hands so instead used the hand to come out of his mouth. Cute, creepy! All the monsters were stamped on BG paper as well. The distressed paper had some different hues so I stamped in those areas to get a little different look to each monster.



I did some layering with a few labels, paper pieces and here some fiber that reminded me of some nasty, furring monster. Eew!


The hand doodling around the edges was a last minute detail that really added a perfect touch. And the lil' spiders I added in with white gel pen eyes. Brads and googley eyes, stickers are all from my stash. This page was a major "go through your crap" kinda a page! LOL! I also did some dry embossing and layering for more color behind the photos....ain't that right Boo?...True!



Not sure what my favorite details might be but sure love this one...I stamped just the top of this guy (same monster used to stamp a background) and cut a slit into the doodling and stuck him in. That looked better then having him off the page..looks funkier this way.  =)

Last details is some more fiber, the black fixed with staples. The fiber reminded me of monster tails. Letters are Basic Grey. Eyeball stamp from the same set.



And I think that about covers it..there's more but do you really need me to point it all out? LOL! I say that as I think about watching Youtube video's and 5 minutes just talking about a front cover of a mini...LOL! Enough is enough! Ha!

Ok thanks for coming by my great ghoul-friends!

7 comments:

Shona said...

how cute is he...amazing boy layout, love this to bits!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Well, isn't he just the cutest little monster ever? Funny, cute photos and love the stamping on the page. This was such agreat sketch! I enjoyed it immensely! Hope you are having a really fun SF kind of day! woot woot!

Amber said...

Such a darling LO! Love it!

Andrea Amu said...

Totally cute layout, Leah! I just loved your sketch and the details you developed on your page. The stamping images are just the cutest and the eyeballs in the circle punched borders are a cute idea!

Carole Beath said...

Leah, this LO is so darling.... I love that sweet little face showing up. Thanks for your visit to my blog this AM, I am always so pleased when you stop by. Have a wonderful week, girl.
Carole

Fern said...

Awww Leah, this is a super cute "monster" page!!! Love the details you've added... especially the doodling around the edges!! And I really loved working with your sketches this month!! Have a wonderful week!! Hugs!!

Nanne said...

this is such a cute layout leah.. great photos of scotti thats for sure..LOL
plus, those little monters are adorable, meaning the die cuts not your son..LOL
hugs
Nanné