Friday, February 10, 2012

Let's Hang Out ~SOUS Die Cut Challenge~


Let's Hang Out

 Happy Friday! What a week, huh? I'm excited the week is over but my oh my...these days do more then fly by! As I told you earlier this week, I had a visit from my friend Brandi, she and her kids stayed for a couple days and we had a chance to scrapbook together. I had actually designed this layout sometime last year, before Christmas even. But only cut it out now. But this was just perfect for this challenge today at SOUS! Our die cut challenge today is...You've Got Mail!


This sweet little mailbox comes from Create a Critter (as well as the grass and postage stamp shape) and the letters from Doodlecharms. I've used a Echo Park line from a year or more ago, Springtime? I've done some inking and stamping on a few of the cuts. Also added some floral stickers that come with this paper line. I used a small scallop circle punch to shape my own leaves for the flowers.


The title also from Create a Critter, is inked and glittered and I did a bit of stamping on "out" to have that stand out a bit more on its own. The envie cut was too large for what I have in mind before but I layered it under the title and really like that extra detail, plus the punched and glittered blue heart.


This is showing both the pages that my friend and I did. It's amazing that they are almost all the same cuts but how different they turned out! Cool, huh? Scrapping with Brandi has been really great and helping her learn how to use the machine with make her more confident at opening up her own Cricut at home and playing as well.

Brandi chose papers from SEI. We were talking and I had mentioned that I knew this paper company but have never seen it sold anywhere...strange! But I love the prints and colors! I've been showing her how inking really makes Cricut cuts pop off a page and she was going great with that, and realizing how time consuming just that part is! =)


And lastly, just a little close up of this mailbox. I do believe her title came from 3 Birds on a Parade. Brandi bought a preloaded Gypsy off of Ebay over the holidays and amazingly enough it had a little less then half of cartridges that I don't have, so that's perfect for sharing! =)


Glad you came by today and hope you had a terrific week...I'm certainly looking forward to this weekend and having no plans! LOL! 

8 comments:

jessica said...

beautiful LO Leah!! I love how like you said...you both used the same cuts and both LO's are so different! Love them both!! So springy :)
TFS and have a great relaxing weekend!

Nanne said...

oh wow those are some awesome layouts.. Love both designs and how different they are even though they are kind of the same :)
Hugs
Nanné
p.s. great title work

Margie said...

ADORABLE! Leah, these are just so, so sweet! I love the titles and i LOVE the colors. Fabulous job!

**Treefrog** said...

Oh how Fun to get to scrap with a friend, I wish I had someone to scrap with, lol! Love both of your layouts and how different but the same both of them are. That's what I love about this craft, how we can take some inspiration and turn it into our own!
((Hugs)) Theresa

Sandi Cl~ said...

Great layout, sweetie! How fun to scrap with a friend. I have been missing that lately! Brandi's page is awesome .. looks like she had a good teacher! Sorry I couldn't pull one off this week .. I owe ya!

Tammy E. said...

I just love your layout, and Brandi's as well. The colors are awesome. And that little mailbox is just too cute.

magicwanda said...

Great job Leah...
I love the beautiful sping colors especially on this cold snowy blustery day...Really puts a smile on my face!
Big Hugs Wanda

Maureen Reiss said...

Super cute LOs!!! Love the bright and cheery colors!