Monday, February 13, 2012

Special Day ~The Cutting Cafe~


Special Day

 Hiya friends! I'm excited to share a birthday card that I made for my best friend. Lindsey lives in Arizona so we don't see each other not even once a year but she'll be coming into town this weekend and our other mutual bestie and I will be spending the day with her in S.F. very, very excited! It's been forever since the 3 of us have been together but also, a long time since I've spent a day hanging out in the city.

 So I've made this card for The Cutting Cafe using the Mini Colored Calendar Cards. The example I've used is the red card for the month of February. I also used the "special day" piece from Jot It Down


 If I've ever created a card from the most random collection of stuff from my stash..this is it! Black card stock is PTI, red is by Basic Grey and I believe the prints are DCWV. The celebrate/balloon image is also by PTI, colored with watercolor pencils. I've added the date of my friends birthday with a number stamp set (that I didn't keep the info of so I have no idea who  made it). The chipboard cupcake was some cheap set I got from who knows where, the button, ribbon and blooms from my stash.


Now that I'm looking at the card, I don't think it photographed as well as it shows in person. Its missing the shimmer from the glitter and doesn't show the dimension so well (like will this even fit in an envie?) But that's okay...glad to share this today! You can check out the rest of the team's projects for this week a little later down the road, posted this up a bit early this week.

See ya wednesday!

4 comments:

Sandi Cl~ said...

Oh, she's going to LOVE it! Great colors and I love things that are overly stuffed! What a fun weekend you have coming! You have had a lot going on lately@ Working on an upcoming SOUS project . so guessI'd better get back to it! Finally got my mail one finished .. sheesh1

Regina Easter said...

ACKKKKKKKKKKKKK what a fun card Leah, I love all the different elements on this card...you rock...hugs

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

How creative is this!!!! I love it and she will love it too. Happy Valentine's day!

jessica said...

Wow!! I have missed alot! This is beautiful!!!!!