Thursday, March 1, 2012

Happy Birthday ~ABC Challenges~


Happy Birthday

 When I found out what the challenge was going to be for this time around at ABC Challenges...I think I was overly excited! And I'm pretty sure I won't be the only one. We are at K for Kraft. Kraft card stock is a basic of all paper crafters and something that can easily go with everything. The only issue with this challenge is..where do you even begin? 

 I started with looking at my kraft section of my paper supply and it came together quickly when I found this My Minds Eye print, I saw the small part of text and and pulled out my yet to be used clockwork embossing folder from TH and there was my start!


 Really? I ought to have did a video on this part! However it took forever with more then a few mishaps. I used a Nestie to cut the clock out of the embossed piece. I took a small scrap of a woodgrain kraft and punched another circle, stamped on white with brown ink with the Happy Birthday stamp from PTI. Punched that and added it behind the woodgrain pattern. And also made the printed frame. 4 layers there. Yikes! But I'll say...all that alone, without the added embellishment was a great card. hehehe!


I embossed and cut out another clock from the embossing folder. Distressed with blue and brown ink and added Crack Accents. I've added Basic Grey buttons and twine. Sizzix flourishes and hemp.


I just wanted to show how neat this looks embossed, inked and then for fun...LOL...added a text stamp on top of all that! Cause there's always one more detail you can add...RIGHT LADIES! =)


So hurry, hurry and see the other krafty designs from my fellow DT sista's over at ABC! Later ladies!

2 comments:

Sharon Field / Created By You said...

LOVE, LOVE this card Leah! Came here from the ABC challenge site after viewing your DT entry! The details are amazing!!

Biggi said...

My background is kraft,emboss BigShot and colored.Great challenge.

Hugs, Biggi