Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Happy Birthday Little Lady ~The Cutting Cafe~


Happy Birthday Little Lady

 Last week when my daughter turned 6, I really wanted her to have a special card just from me (and Daddy). And lucky me had the chance to work with Cute Critters from The Cutting Cafe. This set is beyond darling and was a perfect chose for me. I used my photo editing software to combine the 2 images and then stretch the sentiment to fit. Of course, this was way to big even to make an envelope to fit but that's ok! This measures at well over 7 inches, I think she liked the larger size! 


 I printed both ladybugs again and then hand cut the prints to add, the popping of the printed paper and heart spots was a great added detail!


 The card started as just a circle but I knew I wanted more color then just the pink and the ladybugs so I punched a bunch of 1 in. circles from the same prints. I ran adhesive along the back and that made placing each circle pretty easy! A few flowers, punches leaves, buttons and dew drops and this made for one happy little girl! =0)


 Glad you came by today! I am hoping to post a bit more often so I hope you make it back to visit soon!

6 comments:

Regina Easter said...

this is so sweet Leah...I love how you did the body of the ladybug...love it girlie...hugs

Hey Hey Paula said...

Sweet, sweet card Leah. I love the soft girly colors and the patterned paper...great idea for the scallop border too.

ChatterScene.com said...

Awe this is sooo cute! I love the bug!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Oh this is beyond adorable~ I know this made her a happy girl! Hope she's feeling better~

Kim said...

This is the cutest card!! Love those ladybugs and the shape of the card:)
~Kim

jessica said...

This is too adorable Leah!! Love how you used Regina's files!!
TFS