Thursday, March 15, 2012

Lavender and Lace


 Wow, mid March...which means that the first of Spring is just around the corner! Can you believe that? Well if any of you live in or have visited California recently, you may well believe that Spring has been here for awhile...and it does feel that way! So I thought the challenge for ABC Challenges was pretty perfect...L for lavender and lace!

 Now I'll admit even the words freaked me out, I don't really do purple and lace is almost scarce in my scrappy stash, why? Guess it's just not something I've come across to purchase? I did however come across some lovely laser cut lace border stickers from Mrs Grossman's and thought those would be perfect and a neat variation of the challenge. The other Mrs Grossman product was the scallop fabric stickers along the paper edges, I should have shown more though then I did...


This was my first time using these stamp sets from Papertrey Ink, Rosie Posie (and the dies) and Basic Labels. Everything got a good amount of shine added to them. Purple Distress Stickles to the label, green to the leaves, clear to the butterfly and then lots of Perfect Pearl mist to the flower die cut.


 And then the lace part of the challenge...this also shows a bit more of the pretty embossed leaves...


 I chose not to add a sentiment to the card in case something came up and then I'd add one then...

 Well I think that does it...I was pretty happy with this, lots of texture and layers...prettiness! 

 Have a good one....

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Beautiful card! Gorgeous texture and sparkle and such wonderful details. It has such an marvelous elegant feel.

Hugs, Dawn