Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Milk Carton House ~The Cutting Cafe~


Milk Carton House

 So at The Cutting Cafe we had the opportunity to work with a new set of milk carton files. There is a great number of them there so the options are wonderful, I chose the egg shaped one (which also comes with a bunny window as well as some sentiments).  I do not have a cutting system for these but this was easy enough to do by hand. I've used a few different border punches to trim the edges and really like how that turned out! Otherwise, I kept this a pretty simple project... 



 I knew I wanted to do something special inside and though I was a wee short on time to go the extra mile with the vision I had for this, I did make a soft little nest for these eggies to sit! I punched a circle punch and wound soft yarn in a swirl around it, that worked perfectly though the tape didn't adhere well to the yarn. Glossy Accents insured the eggs to stay put!


 I know I want to make this again when I can fully put all my efforts into this. For now, it's cute and simple and bright and happy! I think I'll give this as a gift to one of the Mom's at school that freaked out about the birthday invites I made...she was so cute I knew right away I wanted to make her something!

 Thanks for coming by! 

4 comments:

Regina Easter said...

this is soooooooooooooooo PRECIOUS...i love it girl....hugs

Lana said...

Such a sweet project xx

Iris Benkel-Sommer said...

love the idea with the easter egg nest in the milk carton.

jessica said...

Leah--- this is so beautiful!!! Iove the colors you used so springy and fun! What a great idea to put the cute
Little nest inside!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!
Have a great day!!!
Jess