Friday, March 9, 2012

Snips & Snails ~SOUS Die Cut Challenge~


Snips & Snails

 Well I am very excited today to share a layout that I've done for the newest Die Cut challenge at Stuck On U Sketches, my girl Sandi chose a really cool challenge which is Cameo/Silouette. I think there's about a million ideas for this one and of course you'll see some brilliant ideas at the SOUS blog, so do check them out!

 So having little guys I always look for a way to turn whatever the challenge is into something "boy" and was excited to not only use the silhouette's from A Child's Year but also actually cut them! I love the cart but have barely even scratched the surface of it! Until now...

 Talking papers real quick...I've used DCWV All About Boys stack, the newer one. A fun blue camo print and the dinosaur background, and also I used a kraft sheet from the Playground Stack. The rest of the kraft sheets are from my stash.


 I don't know what you see when you look at this page but let me tell you...this silhouette section took me FOREVER! The moving, the resizing, welding...inching it this way, accidentally moving everything that way...OMGosh, it was ridiculous! But in the end, and even though I still didn't get the shadow perfectly, LOL, it was well worth the struggles.
(I added small number stickers to the bottom of the page which also shows the ages of the boys...)


 Not that you can tell but I stamped and inked the edges of these photo mats... =0)  Added a few more Echo Park stickers (can't get enough of those! seriously!)


 This super fun title comes from Boys Will Be Boys! A fav cart for me, and I'm sure many others...


 And a little close up of that, more inking, more stamping...more fun! I've used Distress Stickles here and there around the page for added texture and subtle shine. Love that stuff! Better then adding flowers to boy pages. LOL!


  Kinda long, kinda photo heavy...so let me just head out now! Thanks for coming by...see you soon!

5 comments:

annette said...

Awesome work Leah... love silhouettes & your shadow looks fine to me .. great photo of the boys .. luvnhugz X:)

Leanne W said...

You have been creating some super cute boy pages lately - I need to hang out here more often!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Hey there, sweetie! I was so freaking excited when I saw your project and took the challenge to its heights with the multiple images .. wowzers . love that .. and to do a shadow .. fabulous. Have to say though that those are some seriously cute photos .. Scotti getting so big .. and Cody peeking around the tree .. love it!

Tammy E. said...

Oh how I love this. The way you used the images across the bottom of the page is fabulous. It telis a story. Great page my friend.

Lisa said...

I love the colors on this layout and all of the details you added! I'm so happy to be a part of your Design Team! :)