Thursday, March 29, 2012

Stuck On U Sketches ~Getting To Know Me~ Blog Hop


Stuck on U Sketches
"Get To Know Me"
Blog Hop!

 Well it feels like this hop has been in the planning forever so I am pretty thrilled the time has finally come! We have an incredible Design Team at Stuck on U Sketches and wanted everyone to have a chance to get to know us a little bit better and so, this hop was born! 

 First you will start at SOUS for the hop and you'll find all the info there but if you've come from Fern Riley's blog then you are doing good...you'll find my blog candy info at the end of this post...

 So, about those "getting to know me" questions...here I go...

1. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Why?
Yellow! That was easy, it's always been my favorite color (next to blue) and represents my happy, sun-shiny personality! LOL!

2. What would people be surprised to learn about you?
I don't drive. Never ever learned...I know, unbelievable in this day and age.


3. What 5 things are always on your crafting table?
Tombow Mono Multi Glue, my lefty scissors, Distress Inks, dimensional adhesive
and a glass mat.


4. Your go-to embellishment is ...
Stickles (I think that counts)


5. What is your all-time favorite crafting tool?
my Cricut Expression, followed closely by my Cuttlebug


6. Tell us about your family .. first in one word. Then in a sentence or two.
F U N K Y
I've been married for 9 years. Our first born was adopted locally, the second came soon after so they are a year and a half apart and then #3. So 3 kids in 5 years!
I am one of 6 kids and my parents are still married, my sisters are my best friends!
I am more in love now then ever and happier then I've ever been in my life!


7. What is your dream vacation?
Disney World set up in some far off tropical island with my whole family
and ALL my crafty friends from around the world! A scrap retreat
meets Disney! LOL!


8. Who is your favorite crafty company?
Echo Park


9. Tell us a bit about your crafty style.
I really don't feel like I have a style but I am drawn to vivid color and fun prints.
My pages are more "fun" then CAS or shabby chic or whatever... =)


10. Where do you live? 
I live in the San Francisco Bay Area (Nor Cal baby!)




........................................................




Never Say Never


 I looked through photos of myself and always have wanted to scrap this very pregnant iPhone picture of myself but it had an awful background (of a pizza place, LOL) so I used this beach picture I took and photoshopped them together! Go me! Anyways, my biggest life story is the story of my kids so that's the best place to start for "getting to know me". 



 "Never say never" comes from how I would go on and on and on about NEVER being a pregnant person. My story is a little different as I wanted to adopt my children instead of having them biologically. So that's what we did...until getting pregnant even with using birth control! I thought my world had been turned upside-down...it had, having kids no matter how they come to you, is an adjustment to say the least! So this is my story.



 I've used Simple Stories for the paper and stickers. Everyday Life is a stamp with a sticker added to it. The bee is chipboard from Sassafrass. The "flower" was meant to be a complete circle but I didn't measure correctly so went with the half flower thing! LOL! 



 The months and years my babies were born...and showing off the 4 layers of borders.



 And my journaling.... I knew I wanted to really write on this layout so started looking for ledger paper so that I'd have lines to write on...the rest was picking what paper to go with it!



 And lastly as promised a little treat to share...This may not look like much but there is probably around 100 separate die cut pieces here! Seriously! I've used my well loved Papertrey Ink stamp and coordinating dies to create a bunch of goodies! I'm sorry the photo may be lousy but I was trying not to post so many separate photos. I hope you like! I'd love for you to become a follower but don't believe in making it a must to win. Thanks and best of luck!




 Ok tried to keep it short as I could! Well...next the hop hop hop will be to....Lisa Norris!
Thanks for coming by! I'll announce the blog candy winner on Monday!

34 comments:

Lisa said...

Love love love your layout! You did an awesome job on that photo, too! Thanks so much for sharing this story with us. :)

Lisa
http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com
lnorris21 at hotmail dot com

Michele from MS said...

What a beautiful story! I love the photoshopped picture, the dates your children were born and the journaling. Gorgeous layout!! Follower #277! msmith38652@gmail.com
http://michelescraftroom.blogspot.com/

Bellaidea said...

Great ide about your layout and design! Have fun on the beach!:)

Maria said...

love the project. very cute
marial302003@yahoo.com

Nanne said...

Love the story behind your layout..and yes, you never know what kind of "curve balls!" life throws at your..LOL (Im hamming up the baseball thing still..LOL) I always wanted a large family as well since I come from a really small one..
loved your hand made goodies as well, plus I noticed you had your goodies posted as well from the expo..lucky you :)
hugs
Nanné
p.s. never say you have enough stuff, there is no such thing..LOL

LindaV said...

Great answers and a wonderful project!!!! Nice to meet you.

LindaV
TheTulipCollector
http://TheTulipCollector.Blogspot.com

EstherT said...

I think it's wonderful that you were able to scrap your photo - and in such a beautiful way! You literally made me LOL with your honesty about the half flower, and blink back a tear with the honesty of your journalling. I love this ... thank you.
~ Thanks, Esther T
esthert119 at yahoo dot ca

P.S. Thanks, too, for your cheerful comments on the stuff I post. It makes my day. :)

Charlotte Brochu said...

What a great story and I just love the layout! Thanks so much for sharing a part of you and I loved getting to know more about you!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Love this page about your dainty little belly .. heehee .. I too love being a mom .. there is nothing quite like it or so fulfilling! Love your Q and A .. you are definitely a yellow! Hugs!

Miriam Prantner said...

What a neat layout/story! Thanks for sharing it with us!

silvia said...

Fabulous page~I LOVE the photoshopped pic and your wonderful story. I am a new follower of your blog :)

Silvia
http://silyscrap.blogspot.com

Joni said...

Beautiful use of color. Awesome to learn about your family.

Rachel said...

I love your layout. I tend to go more grungy, but with simple stories papers they do it for you. :). As a newbie to your blog, it was fun to get to know your through this blog hop!

scrappinlil said...

Very cute...love the picture. I am surprised you don't drive..especially with 3 kids!! Well I enjoyed getting to know you alittle better. TFS

Kim said...

Fabulous page!!! Love all the journal spots!!! Just a great page, I love what you did with the photo!
~Kim
follower
http://crazyaboutscrapin.blogspot.com

Lolô Artesanato said...

Absolutely adorable!!!
The pic is amazing!
xx
Leila
leilacassimira@gmail.com

**Treefrog** said...

Okay Girlfriend I just came from Fern's blog and are You including Me in on You and Nanne's Shenanigan's, LOL! (I'm Honored if You are, LOL!) =]
I do have to say I just Love your Whole post! I loved getting to know you better, you Always surprise me with something and I still Can't believe you don't drive, that totally blows me away, lol! And I have to agree with you being Yellow, it is So You! I am so Lovin this "Getting To Know Me" theme, it's So Stinkin Fun getting to know all the Gals! What a Great idea and hope we get to do it again!
((Hugs)) Theresa

sleigh said...

What a beautiful layout and story! TFS your story with us today :)

Stine Ursin said...

Love your bump!!! This layout is just fantastic. Love that you photoshopped the picture - great idea for unfortunate backgrounds.. Also love your idea of a dream vacation. I would be there for sure LOL see ya!!!

Fern said...

Leah, what a beautiful time in your life to scrap!!! I love what you did with the photo and your journaling is so heartwarming!!!
Now, I can't believe you don't drive. gf!!!!! Wow, I didn't see that coming... lol Loved reading about you!! This was such a wonderful idea!!
Have a wonderful weekend!! Hugs!!

Sandi Smith said...

Loved your layout and that amazing photo!Looking forward to May and getting to know this amazing team!

Maureen Reiss said...

Super cute LO!! Love how you photoshopped it. My daughter is 24 and still hasn't learned to drive either.
Thanks for the chance to win
reissfam10 at aol dot com

Tracey Gregory said...

love your style and that super cute-touching LO. I have an adopted child, a stepchild and 2 biological kids-God just throws them all in there and we love up :)

Shona said...

hiiiiiii :) great to get to know you better sweetie and that layout is amazing!! gorgeous work

annette said...

wow Leah your LO telling your story is absolutely awesome ... clever girl photoshopping your fab pic .. hugz X:)

Andrea Amu said...

Such a great story about yourself and your children, Leah! So glad to have learned more about you! Your page is just terrific and I so love how you photoshoped your picture!

Your givaway looks fabulous... a lot of extra work you put into them. Somebody would be lucky to get those!

Mickey's Craft World said...

love love the layout...i would also love to go to disney with my family!!

Tracey said...

I'm a little late hoping.......Love the story behind your layout. I think it is great how you photo shopped the photo...cool idea. Great layout:)

Scrappin with the bug said...

What a great layout. I love how you used the photo and added the "never" to the belly. What a fantastic idea. I love all the details on the page. Great job. OH and I have tha paper just waiting for a layout now I'll have to go and play with it.

What a great story you shared too.

Thanks,

Terri

Stephanie said...

Very unique layout. Wonderful story. Beautiful work. I'm a new follower.
http://cricutmimi.blogspot.com

jessica said...

I LOVE your beautiful LO! You create such wonderful stories though your paper crafting!
Thanks for sharing this beautiful LO and your story!

Debbie said...

Ah what a sweet layout!!! Love the Simple Stories.

Leanne W said...

Hi Leah -just had to comment about this one... SOOO fabulous!! I love all the layering! You are really getting good at the little hobby of ours;)

Faith Abigail Designs said...

This is such a cool layout! I love how you didn't include your face; it almost makes the layout more intimate. Such a beautiful combination of elements.