Friday, March 2, 2012

Travel Together ~SOUS March 2 Sketch Challenge~`


Travel Together

 I am so excited the weekend is finally here and even more so that my hubby has the whole weekend off! Yay! And no plans really so even better! I love having nothing to do (well, normally!) So today I am excited to share this layout I've created for our sketch day at Stuck on U Sketches. Fellow leader Sandi created a sketch for us and the DT delivered as usual. 

 Here is what I created...


 Don't you just love this photo...a special brother to brother moment shared over the excitement of playing a video game...well, cute if you don't include the video game (I am so not of that gamer generation). But super darling pic either way! I really love multi-matting my photos and choosing these colors was a fun way to do it, you can also see where I used a craft knife to cut the gloss clouds out and tuck the photo under them.

This travel stack from DCWV is so up my alley and perfect for my airplane loving boys! I hand cut an extra large cloud shape, added my journaling in red and layered some Echo Park goodies.


I've clustered all the embellishments together in the center of the page, along with the page title. Travel was cut from the paper stack and a metal "together" was added. Along with the blue sticker scallop, sticker airplane (which was cut in half to fit), circle for more journaling, and chipboard stars covered with coordinating papers and clear sticker hearts.


 Oh my, I love loved putting this page together. Though I took some serious time arranging and rearranging the center title pieces with lots of different pieces, I am happy with how it turned out! I was also happy to be able to mix different paper lines together, leaving me with much more options!

 So enough from me for today...thanks for coming by and see ya soon!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing, I love your projects. They give me so much motivation. Keep up the great work Leah, you are a great designer and artist.

Sue said...

Beautiful leah, i love the center title pieces and for mix of paper lines. I want to do something like that. It looks great.

Sandi Cl~ said...

Such a fabulous boy page! Fantastic photo and it just builds from there! Your embellie cluster is so perfect for this sketch .. have fun this weekend!

Leah (*BeeCherryLady*) said...

The first 2 comments were from my husband, what a dork! And the 4th one...I dunno...but thanks Sandi!

Lisa said...

I love how whimsical this is, and I love the colors you chose! :)

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

love, love, love your page! Everything is just perfect! Great job again!!! (as usual, o course!)

Shona said...

really stunning boy page yes....so so adorable Enjoy your weekend :)

annette said...

awww!!!! those little cuties in the pic... I just wanna cuddle them ... great fun LO Leah, love all the bright colours .. have a super duper weekend luvnhugz X:)

Andrea Amu said...

Ohh, girl, this is so darling! I love clouds... looks like we were on the same wave length this week with using clouds on our projects, lol! I also like the mixing of different paper and companies here and I know exactly what you mean about all the rearranging... I was doing that a bunch on my card as well, lol!

angelwhispers said...

Just loving your layout looks just superb and what a fab blog just loving your work! Have a great weekend Love Chanelle xxx

angelwhispers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

Finally!! Your blog has been saying that it is private and that I needed a password to get in. I LOVE your LO Leah. Great colors, and I totally agree with your hubby about the title peices and the mix of papers. OMG..I totally needed a good and your husbands comments did it!! As for the fourth comments..spam...so if you click on it it will take you to some crazy website, then they will spam you even more!! Delete it. Thanks for a great post you wonderful designer;)

Stephanie said...

I just realized I am missing the word laugh. Just in case that was making no sense to you.

Stine Ursin said...

That is the most adorable picture!! Love how you have embellished your Layout :)


BTW I love that your husbamd commented, and with such insight LOL

Fern said...

Leah, thank you for the prayers you and your family have sent me during this difficult time.. You don't know how much I appreciate it!!!
And what a fun "boy" layout!!! Love the airplanes and your boys are sooooo cute!! Big Hugs!!!