Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I Love My Dad card ~The Cutting Cafe~


I Love My Dad

 Anyone else feeling the after vacation blues? Well, not me! LOL, since we were sick during Easter break I am actually feeling better now and slightly relieved to have the kids at school. Sad to admit! LOL! Well I am very excited to share this card with you today. I used this set from The Cutting Cafe, fun! There are just a ton of word shaped cards at the shop and these are always a neat variation of the typical card, many of these you can easily cut by hand if you do not have software available. I used the shaped word and added it into a regular card base, so there's an option as well!

 I used a DCWV stack Downtown Loft for the gloss background paper and the mustache pattern. You can find that image here


 I bought a random set of journaling cards from the Smash line and cut him out...he looks just like my Daddy! LOL!

 I've added a bunch of small details to the card. The embossing and inking in a metallic bronze and also brown and white. I've hand cut this small banner and added a tiny punched heart and brown and white twine bow. Also added some simple faux stitching (because I never can work my sewing machine).


 I have to admit that I ended up in loving this! I don't' know why...well yes I do...reminds me of my Dad!  Any mustache does! LMBO! I am going to save this and give it to him on Father's Day.

 Thanks for checking in...see you! ~Leah

3 comments:

Regina Easter said...

this is fantastic and i love the colors...you rock...hugs

Kelly said...

Hi Leah! It's been such a long time since I've been to visit, I wasn't sure I was in the right place...your blog has had a facelift since the last time I was here. Awesome card. Don't you love working with Regina!?! Sorry to hear you've been sick, hope you are feeling better!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Oh, this is too too cute! I've got a hubby with a stash and should so make him one like this!