Thursday, April 12, 2012

Island Retreat ~SOUS Guest Designer Sketch~


Island Retreat

 There's about 100 times when I could have started my text for this post but I don't know what always pulled me away and good thing I came back because this goes up in just hours and I had nothing written! Yikes! And I only share that little bit because I know I'm not the only one that does that (more often then not, yes?)

 Well today I am super excited that a dear friend of ours at Stuck on U Sketches, Debbie Burns has designed a sketch for our use this week. You can find that sketch at SOUS. Here is what I made following that...


 This fun photo is of the hubby and I as newlyweds, about 6 months married on our honeymoon. Here we are in a very exotic nature park on the Big Island in Hawaii. It was an amazing trip and this the only time I got mosquito bites (and how can I blame them? that was one pretty skinny shirt! LOL!)


 The very awesome title was cut from a new cart for me, Pack Your Bags. Love that! I did some stamping on that title, which is quickly becoming a thing for me! All the wonderful blooms were cuts from Mothers Day Bouquet.  The leaves from Lifes a Beach. The flower centers are a mix of brads, pearls and Flower Soft.


 There was so much inking on this page that I looked a mess afterwards! A Mom at school had asked me if I was using iodine. I wasn't prepared for that and had to ask her what that was...I knew but wasn't ready for that! LOL! I said no...just making tropical flowers! LOL! The super cool lobster paper is by Webster Pages and the text an older Summer stack by DCWV.


  I love taking inspiration from the sketches and thinking outside the box...so instead of using the circle from the sketch as a circle cut piece of paper or whatever, I used that as how to place my cluster of flowers! Fun, huh?

 Hope you like and can't wait for you to play....I'll be visiting you just as soon as you link up! Can't wait! Hugs ~Leah

10 comments:

Charlotte Brochu said...

This is so darned cute Leah! I love the background paper and I really love how you framed the photo with the flowers! I'm going to have to search out that cartridge!

Nanne said...

Check out all those amazing hand made flowers Leah.. It has such a wonderful tropical feel to it, Wow!! this layout is absolutely gorgeous..
hugs
Nanné

annette said...

Wow Leah !!! this is super cool !!! & check out the honeymooners !!!!! love all your tropical blooms .. luvnhugz X:)

Shona said...

ooo I love this and the fun summer colors! That title die cut is sooo cool, and loving all the flowers!

Brandi said...

This is a beautiful page, the flowers are really gorgeous!!!

Tracey said...

Just fabulous Leah! I love all the flowers...so tropical looking , perfect for Hawaii! Your layout bought back wonderful memories. We were on the big island in 2004. Just loved it:)

Fern said...

Leah, I love the bright colors on this beautiful layout!!!! Your flowers are gorgeous and I loved your story!!! I too, wait until the last minute to finish my blog post..... wish I could break that habit!! Have a wonderful day!! Hugs!!

Bonnie aka Cinnabon said...

What a sweet lo, Leah! I live all the flowers you made! I haven't used my cricut for a while....need to warm that baby up! Lol, I sure know what you mean getting all inky. But I love it!,

The6ofusinca said...

This happy layout just makes me smile! Love those colors and love that couple!!!

xoxo
Jen

Anonymous said...

buy soma online no prescription what are soma pills - generic soma 446