Thursday, April 5, 2012

Spring Memories ~SOUS Die Cut Challenge~



Spring Memories

 Oh Happy it's almost Easter! I can't believe it's almost here! I'd love to say how excited I am however I'm afraid this is the one holiday that is escaping my normal enthusiasm. Last week my little girl was sick and we had a break from that and had fun hanging around the house since it's break from school. We had a couple day trips planned as a family and it's been forever since we've done anything it seems! And then...I get sick! Yikes! It could be worse but it's not something that will let me leave the house so hopefully I'll get better quick and get a day in of fun...plus, I've done NOTHING for Easter...and as not to leave too much for the Easter Bunny to do, I need to go out at some point! 

 Whoa, got chatty there and almost forgot why I'm here...LOL...today is reveal day, grand reveal day of another fab Die Cut Challenge at SOUS! hehe! And we've got for you today...

Spring is in the Air 

Isn't that a wonderful challenge? I don't care if you've got snow or warm weather, or what...Spring sounds good! I can't wait to see what you all make, I look forward to visiting your blogs! And I'm excited to share that the super talented and super cool Nanne has taken some serious time to put together these handmade blooms to share as blog candy for the month of April at SOUS. How very generous! So play and win! =0)



So as you know there are so many die's on the market. We tend to use electronic machines at the blog but that doesn't mean you can not also use metal dies in other machines. So many companies are now making stamps with matching dies, my biggest scrappy splurge is Papertrey Ink and these are new for me so that's what I chose to use!


I wanted to take the challenge a bit literally and bright some blooms into the sky. So I had first designed a card with what I wanted to look like flowers being tossed into the air, I did that with Cricut Craft Room but nothing was turning out right. Argh. So I started thinking about creating the sky and pulled out my Hero Art cloud stamp and the went with a clothes line of blooms...

Another easel card because I adore them...


Here is a close up of the blooms. Stamps and dies are Rosie Posie by PTI. As well as the banner and clothes line from Banner Builder (something I use a lot) and the sentiment was pulled from a tab stamp set (name?). Inks are by Colorbox.


I also snuck this photo in of the kissing stamp technique! I used another full size Hero Arts stamp, the plaid in a blue gray ink and touched that with the cloud stamp...you can see the subtle added texture. I added a few Martha Stuart butterflies, gems and bakers twine.


A guess being trapped at home has made me a bit chatty...say a prayer for me that I am better so I can enjoy the last weekend of Easter vacation! See you soon...

10 comments:

annette said...

Oh Leah, praying you are over the nasties attacking your household very quickly ... I take this opportunity to wish you & yours a happy & blessed Easter & the easter bunny hops by .. love your card ..luvnhugz X:)

LindaV said...

A great project. I hope that the "bugs" leave your household soon. I to will be spending Easter with my pillow and a teapot. Ugh. Timing is everything isn't it??

**Treefrog** said...

Oh Great Minds Think Alike Girlfriend! We both did Easel cards and I too Love them! Love your flowers and I've been just starting to check out PTI (I love their stuff but don't need another obsession, lol!) And I love the fact that they have the dies that match the stamps! Well I sure hope You and Your family are on the mend and you all can enjoy Easter, have a Blessed one!
((Hugs)) Theresa

Sandi Cl~ said...

Love your card .. love easels but don't make very many and I should really! I am a PTI stalker but have yet to make a purchase. So many options!! Anyhoo .. great job on your card and how cute throwing flowers in the air. Now, you have your marching orders to get well soon! Happy Easter! Hugs Sandi

magicwanda said...

Awe Leah sorry to hear you are sick, never fails when we have days off to spend time together someone gets sick. I hope you feel better soon and can get some family time in before school starts again. This is a great card a lot of thought and work went into it.
Hugs Wanda

Tammy E. said...

So sorry that you have had a bug. No fun! But what is fun is this adorable card. I too love easel cards. And this one is bright and fun. Love it. Happy Easter.

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Beautiful Card, love ti! Those papers/colors are gorgeous. Hope you are feeling better. Happy Easter!

Tracey said...

Very pretty card Leah.....love your clothes line of Blooms, Love the colour combo too:) Hope you a feeling better........Happy Easter to you:)

Faith Abigail Designs said...

Beautiful! I love the bright colors against the serene sky background. Love this!

Lisa said...

This is so pretty! I just love that banner! :)