Sunday, April 15, 2012

Thank U ~ABC Challenges~


Thank U

 Well I am oh so excited to share this card with you today! Today is an ABC Challenges day and we have for you N for Neutral...neutral isn't so much me so this was a tiny challenge until I found the papers and really just got moving! 

 We are often very, very lucky to have a great sponsor for our challenge and this cutie comes from Bugaboo. Oh goodness he's a sweetie! He's also printed at the full size which makes him pretty big at almost 4 1/2 inches tall...perfect for a main feature for the card. 


 This is my first time doing so much paper piecing. The hat, britches,  and U were all printed and handout out with designer paper. His boots, shirt, bandana and that really needing to be shaven face were all watercolored using Distress Inks. The mix of painted versus print really makes this amazing in person!


 I've also wet embossed with clear powder the woodgrain background with some added Basic Grey letter stickers to say Thanks! I also added some stickers flowers and leaves. Added real and Liquid Pearls and fiber from my stash.


 I am very happy how this turned out, mostly because it's going to a Texan girlfriend of mine...when I imagine her hubby...this is exactly him! LOL! Thanks Sandi for being such a great friend! Love ya!

 And thank you kindly for coming by...have a wonderful day!

6 comments:

Sandi Cl~ said...

Hey, there! I just had to come by and say "she's not kidding!" This is one seriously cute card! I fell head over heels over this little cowboy .. and so wish my hubby looks this cute LOL! Love the paper piecing. And oh my! the embossing is the bomb! I think I am a convert! I am off to bugaboo to get a digi for a card I need to make today .. Love, Sandi

Sandi Cl~ said...

And oh .. love your island LO too .. forgot to add that. those flowers are amazing!

ChatterScene.com said...

Awe this is soooooo adorable!

Tracey said...

Oh this is just too cute...love your card, love the paper piecing too:)

Fern said...

Leah, this is super cute!!!! Love the little cowboy and your colors are great!!! Hugs!!

ang said...

lovely card great inspiration and thanks for visiting my crafty cupboard thanks angxx